Folding@home

Gryph

Just can't see why they need users from all over the world to help. If they really wanted to learn so badly. They could have bought a ton of Pentium II computers and ran that program. Its pretty cheap for those things.

Oh well. Do what you want and wait for GC's Decision. Or just go ahead and do it.

I did a lot of things without his permission:

-Flash Movie

-1Emu Comics

-Kaillera Server

-CS Server

Yeaaaah. I'm not going to encourage you or anything :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't see why they need users from all over the world to help. If they really wanted to learn so badly. They could have bought a ton of Pentium II computers and ran that program. Its pretty cheap for those things.

Oh well. Do what you want and wait for GC's Decision. Or just go ahead and do it.

-Flash Movie

-1Emu Comics

-Kaillera Server

-CS Server

Hmm...the way most science grants work is that there isn't enough money to buy a whole mess of useless computers. Even though its Stanford and Dr. Pande probably has atleast a 2 million dollar grant for this project, its not enough. That money is spend on buying useful equipment such as DNA replicators, PCR machines, and paying for research students (yeah, we're treated like equipment).

This is a cost effective way to process such algorithms because it harnesses the power of already present computers that have an internet connection.

And do you have any idea how many P2 (or even P3) processors he'll need to do what Folding@home can accomplish? Millions of them. Well more like hundreds of thousands.

This is a school that operates on government funds (which are being cut more and more), not Celera or Genentech (big corporations that work for profit).

And I wouldn't want to start a 1emu team without atleast his go ahead. Him and Magnis own the 1emulation name. I mean, I wouldn't want some stupid Premium Member forum lacky to form a team on my behalf if I owned a webpage. But that's just me.

-Flash Movie

-1Emu Comics

-Kaillera Server

-CS Server

Hmm...the way most science grants work is that there isn't enough money to buy a whole mess of useless computers. Even though its Stanford and Dr. Pande probably has atleast a 2 million dollar grant for this project, its not enough. That money is spend on buying useful equipment such as DNA replicators, PCR machines, and paying for research students (yeah, we're treated like equipment).

This is a cost effective way to process such algorithms because it harnesses the power of already present computers that have an internet connection.

And do you have any idea how many P2 (or even P3) processors he'll need to do what Folding@home can accomplish? Millions of them. Well more like hundreds of thousands.

This is a school that operates on government funds (which are being cut more and more), not Celera or Genentech (big corporations that work for profit).

And I wouldn't want to start a 1emu team without atleast his go ahead. Him and Magnis own the 1emulation name. I mean, I wouldn't want some stupid Premium Member forum lacky to form a team on my behalf if I owned a webpage. But that's just me.

GryphonKlaw I think we are fighting the losing battle....Some people just won't understand the importance of Folding@home....

Oh well....back to wasting time on the internet.....

Im Already running the Google Toolbar version of it, it DOESNT slow down your CPU or anything, ive been running it forawhile now, so if anyone wants to just join my group they can

Are you folding for Team Google or your own? What is your group number? I can't seem to create a 1emulation team, it keeps giving me an error.

Sorry, no can do. I'm folding for techreport.com.

And it seriously does not slow your computer down or any other bullshit like that. It's just like another app, takes up your CPU when it's not being used (that's called LOW PRIORITY) and calls on the F@H server when it's done simulation.

Sorry, no can do. I'm folding for techreport.com.

And it seriously does not slow your computer down or any other bullshit like that. It's just like another app, takes up your CPU when it's not being used (that's called LOW PRIORITY) and calls on the F@H server when it's done simulation.

Aw man, can't you defect. :D But we don't have a team yet because it gives some stupid error.

See, take it from more people, it works just fine and doesn't slow anything down.

YAY! I created Team 1emulation!!!

Team 1emulation is Team number 36271. All you have to do is put that number into the Team field and there you have it. You're folding for Team 1emulation.