Folding@home

Gryph

Texas the program uses the extra cycles of your CPU, which are redundant anyway and uses them to solve complex algorithms...which will then help them create a cure for deadly dieases.

So they're buming off my computers power just for their selfish acts of heroism, i dont buy it buddy. :D

hahaha, that's classic Cominus!

I think it is a great cause, Broom Hair. But will it slow down a dial up connection? I only have lowly dial up.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas the program uses the extra cycles of your CPU, which are redundant anyway and uses them to solve complex algorithms...which will then help them create a cure for deadly dieases.

So they're buming off my computers power just for their selfish acts of heroism, i dont buy it buddy. :D

hahaha, that's classic Cominus!

I think it is a great cause, Broom Hair. But will it slow down a dial up connection? I only have lowly dial up.

I too am on lowly dialup and its fine. It only uses the internet to send the results which is after you finish a work unit so it doesn't require you to be connected all the time.

Oh and B4b00n, I've added a logo. It's that picture on the top left of the forum.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

I don't think my one is working...it has stayed on 0/400 for ages now...It must be because I'm using it on an old ass computer :D

Hmm...I have an old ass computer too. I wonder if that program is allergic to those kind of things.

I don't think my one is working...it has stayed on 0/400 for ages now...It must be because I'm using it on an old ass computer :D

Hmm...has it connected to the work server.

Does it say "Working" or is there an error?

Edit: Oh ok, it'll take a while. But every little bit of processor power counts. Thanks Force!

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Dammit! I can't get to the team statistics! I keeps says "Loading" And from the client it takes me back to the main page! On the Team Stats page it only shows the top 100 teams.

Can someone get to the 1emulation team area and see what place we are. We are probably last place now but will go up!

I am currently on 1/400....I should install this on my faster notebook :-D

Good, you do that. Install it on you desktop too. :lol: Keep it on your crappy laptop too, everything is useful.

I am currently on 1/400....I should install this on my faster notebook :)

Good, you do that. Install it on you desktop too. :-D Keep it on your crappy laptop too, everything is useful.

You sound like a door-to-door salesman that is as persistent as a virus. :lol: