Sf3 Third Strike

Hey peeps,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I downloaded a copy of Sf3 Third Strike off suprnova, burnt it then tried to play.

Whenever it loads up it goes through the standard Dc screens then goes black.

I can hear all the sounds (and if sounds great) but there is just no picture.

Ive searched your forum before this request just to make sure i wasnt asking for help that had been given before.

Ive also searched through google for info but still no luck

Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks in advance

g

Also im using a PAL Dc which plays my import Ikaruga and Border Down like a dream with no boot disc, and also using an RGB scart cable if this helps - cheers.

I have had this happen before with the Bleemcast beta. For me, I couldn't tell what the problem was. My guess is that it was the CD-R media. If you've burned games using that type of CD-R before, then my only guess is the image is corrupt. To check if it's corrupt, grab CDMage (the beta version) from http://cdmage.cjb.net. If the image is in Discjuggler 4 format, it won't be able to read it. One last thing, if the image is Nero (.nrg), make sure you're burning it correctly (i.e. if it's DAO burn it as that and the same with TAO).

No, if the game boots up and you only hear sound then it's burned fine. It also has nothing to do with the fact that it's a PAL DC, because if it was a problem with a weak laser then it wouldn't boot at all.

It's a problem with the RGB signal. In fact, all you need to do is download this RGB fix patch and apply it with PPF-O-Matic and you'll have a fully working game.

I've burned corrupted images and sometimes they "boot" like that. Of course, they'll usually boot to the bios if there's a problem. I've had few burned games that acted pretty weird, such as reseting the sytem over and over (that was the bleemcast beta). The only game I can remember pretending to boot like for Gee was a corrupt Xploder image, though.

yeah, its in US format and your playing it on PAL, thats definatly it

There should be a DJ4 to Nero convertor

I have a game in DJ4 format (its the Dino Crises from SuperNova) and it is SO HARD to get that fricker to boot, i got it to work ONCE, and that was it