Mod or Boot disc?

Max

Hello,

I came across an excellent PS1 deal (first generation, not the smaller one) but its not modded. Can anyone tell me if there is a boot disc of sorts or is a mod chip required? If the mod chip is required then how much does it cost?

- Thanks

dont use either, there is a sticky in this forum that tells you how to do the swap trick very easily, just use that

it would really suck if you bought a mod chip and there was a game that detected it and refused to play

it would also suck if you bought a swap disc which you dont need, and can cause problems with certain games

on the othger hand, you can buy a gameshark for 2.99 used (i was JUST at gamestop, considering i was hired there :lol: ) and use my guide

idk...look here...I wanna buy that ps2 boot disk, but I wanna know if I can trust these guys

I dont recomend getting it from a site unless its a last resort to getting one. I use ps2 swap discs and their awesome. but if it comes with a slide card or something similar, they bust your ps2 and DONT USE THEM AT ALL !!!! Get a flip top or leave the ps2 top case open for easy swappage.

dont use either, there is a sticky in this forum that tells you how to do the swap trick very easily, just use that

it would really suck if you bought a mod chip and there was a game that detected it and refused to play

it would also suck if you bought a swap disc which you dont need, and can cause problems with certain games

on the othger hand, you can buy a gameshark for 2.99 used (i was JUST at gamestop, considering i was hired there :lol: ) and use my guide

but you don't understand see...I want a boot disk for the ps2...the slide card is specifically for ps2

...the slide card is specifically for ps2

AND DONT EVER USE IT !!! IT SUCKS!! ITS EVIL IN THE FORM OF A CARD!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO ME!!!

EDIT: and if you dont believe in God, HEAR MY WARNING MARTYR OF WEIRDNESS THIS WILL BUST YOUR PS2!! THERE WILL BE NO WAY OF FIXING THIS!!! I'VE TRIED IT!!( AND I CAN FIX ANYTHING ON MY PS2!!) :-D

Edited by DanManXZ

ah simple solution then

Use the "Knife trick" also know as the "Credit Card Trick" (and NO the credit card trick DOES NOT Involve using a credit card to actually BUY the games... :P )

Knives are for cutting things, not swap tricks :P

EDIT: "Credit card tricks" is similar to the slide card. Cuz you have to cut the credit card into the shape of a swap card.

Edited by DanManXZ

Guys,

Certain mods for ps2 systems are know to cause the system to blow a fuse. Myself, I have the swap magic 3.0 cd and 2.0 dvd along with a fliptop lid for my ps2.

As of now I have over 70 titles. thanks to this. cd and dvd games.

anyway if you are looking for a online store to trust, go here. This is where I get all of my stuff from plus if you have comments or questions about a product or whatever the case maybe, you will gat a response.

http://www.xtreme-xbox-mods.com

I recommend them to anyone.

Guys,

Certain mods for ps2 systems are know to cause the system to blow a fuse. Myself, I have the swap magic 3.0 cd and 2.0 dvd along with a fliptop lid for my ps2.

As of now I have over 70 titles. thanks to this. cd and dvd games.

See :D Sinasta has over 70 games along with a FLIP TOP(which doesn't go wiht the use of a SWAP CARD :unsure: ) Also hes right mods about how those can screw up your PS2 and but the only one that is reliable and really good is the DMS3 mod chip :lol:

Edited by DanManXZ