Japanese Imports...

How hard are they to understand? I REALLY, REALLY want to get GunGrave OverDose, but it is currently only slated to be released in Japan.

Is it really that difficult to understand a game in Japanese? I know that most games have english menus anyways, but still...?

Anon.

When I first read Japanese imports, the first thing that came to head was Nissan Skyline GTR. :(

Well Japanese isn't a European language so it isn't based on the same alphabet so it'll be completely different.

I'm sure the menus will be in English, but I'm pretty sure the text all be Japanese. And you can't really guess what it's saying...

You could play the game and make up what their saying. Kind of like Mystery Science Theatre 3000. :lol:

How hard are they to understand? I REALLY, REALLY want to get GunGrave OverDose, but it is currently only slated to be released in Japan.

Is it really that difficult to understand a game in Japanese? I know that most games have english menus anyways, but still...?

Anon.

this site also sells japanese imports..ones that might probably interest you too. The only difference in price is that japanese games cost 10$ more, but worth it.

Edited by Weirdanzeige

If you dont want the legal hassle you could get a mod chip that locks out the copyboot protection so you cant play Burned games. Burning PS2 games is bad in the long run because you need a DVD+-R drive to burn, cuz some games arent 700 megs.

I've played some Jap games and I really couldnt. It all depends on the game though. If its just go shoot this guy or beat em up or something like that, it shouldnt be too tough. Word to wise... never play RPG's in Jap unless you speak it :D I've tryed it and its too hard, the game was Radical Dreamers.

Some games are very easy to get into even if they are japanese language.

Shooters in particular are easy imports. Most of them are almost 100% in english. Aside from 3 screens Dodonpachi Daioujou is 100% english. All the important things (options, menus) are usually in english. Fighters are pretty easy to get into as well. SVC Chaos for ps2 is just about 100% english as well. You can muck your way through racing games.

But as Rag said, dont even try to attempy a rpg without japanese knowledge. It is very frustrating, but kind of fun to stumble around for a bit.

I got Biohazard Outbreak....

The only Japanese import game I understood was Bouncer from Square.... it had both english and Japanese menus & voices....

Oh yeah Onimusha 3 is out and so is the Soul contrller....o3scps2.jpg

Edited by MaxBebop