Virtua Fighter vs Tekken

Man, u ppl who say they both feel the same r too into 2D fighters. ;\  They feel nothing alike.  Those games take serious effort to play well n when u get to that point u'll notice how technically different they both r, n y they're good for that in their different ways.

DoA however is wack to me. ;\

i agree with you on one thing that they are to into 2D fighting games. how could anybody say that any of these games (DOA, VF, Tekken) feel alike at all? they are so different. but i have to disagree with you on the other thing that DOA is wack. i think DOA is tight. and i can't wait for DOA online and DOA code cronus.

If a game doesn't enthrall me in the first 10 minutes, I stop playing it. The only 3D fighting game that I somewhat enjoy is Soul Caliber 2 (well that series starting from Soul Edge). I'm not going to spend hours on a game just to discover its marvelous indepth gameplay when I can jerk off instead. I have a life, I have work to do, I can't be bothered with such prittle prattle. Fighting games shouldn't take serious effort to enjoy. A good fighting games is easy to learn, difficult to master, like many 2D fighting games. And yes, I am way into 2D fighters because of their speed, their ease of play (yet tough to win), and quite frankly I'd rather see a character do a Kin 1211 Shiki: Ya Otome + Ura 316 Shiki: Saika than see someone perform a 3 juggle punch move.

And then you might say, "Well you haven't played enough 3D fighters, Mr. Asshole." I've played most 3D fighters since Virtua Fighter, Battle Arena Toshinden, Tobal, Tekken, DOA, and even that game with swords where one hit can kill (I forget the name of it, it was by Square I'm sure.) My friends love those game so I've had a chance to play them all and I feel no joy when I play them.

I will admit, however, that I enjoyed Tekken one for a few days because it was fresh and fun. But then I got bored of it and went right back to jerking off.

And I'm not into real worlds martial arts because I can't do any of it in real life. So I don't feel any reason to play a fighting game that features it. And quite frankly, while one of those characters is doing some kata, I'll just burn them with a Power Geyser or electrocute them with a Raijin Ken. :-D

But hey, that's just me and I'm a moron so what can you really say about my opinions? Nothing much...except that they're stupid. Ok, back to jerking off (writing a Physics lab report about Wheatstone bridges and Kirchoff's law.)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh, you had a lot of spare time writing all this personal opinion on 3D fighters...

gosh, you had a lot of spare time writing all this personal opinion on 3D fighters...

I'm procrastinating on my lab report. What better way to do that then surf the internet and look for already written lab reports. :-D

(shrugs) are you at College?

I don't know if anyonne will put up lab reports...um...ain't that

plagiarism??

(shrugs) are you at College?

I don't know if anyonne will put up lab reports...um...ain't that

plagiarism??

Actually I'm just looking for a decent explanation of Kirchoff's Law and how Wheatstone bridges work. I'm not going to copy it! I'm not THAT sad! And yes I'm in college like it makes any difference.

Man, u ppl who say they both feel the same r too into 2D fighters. ;\  They feel nothing alike.  Those games take serious effort to play well n when u get to that point u'll notice how technically different they both r, n y they're good for that in their different ways.

DoA however is wack to me. ;\

i agree with you on one thing that they are to into 2D fighting games. how could anybody say that any of these games (DOA, VF, Tekken) feel alike at all? they are so different. but i have to disagree with you on the other thing that DOA is wack. i think DOA is tight. and i can't wait for DOA online and DOA code cronus.

If a game doesn't enthrall me in the first 10 minutes, I stop playing it. The only 3D fighting game that I somewhat enjoy is Soul Caliber 2 (well that series starting from Soul Edge). I'm not going to spend hours on a game just to discover its marvelous indepth gameplay when I can jerk off instead. I have a life, I have work to do, I can't be bothered with such prittle prattle. Fighting games shouldn't take serious effort to enjoy. A good fighting games is easy to learn, difficult to master, like many 2D fighting games. And yes, I am way into 2D fighters because of their speed, their ease of play (yet tough to win), and quite frankly I'd rather see a character do a Kin 1211 Shiki: Ya Otome + Ura 316 Shiki: Saika than see someone perform a 3 juggle punch move.

And then you might say, "Well you haven't played enough 3D fighters, Mr. Asshole." I've played most 3D fighters since Virtua Fighter, Battle Arena Toshinden, Tobal, Tekken, DOA, and even that game with swords where one hit can kill (I forget the name of it, it was by Square I'm sure.) My friends love those game so I've had a chance to play them all and I feel no joy when I play them.

I will admit, however, that I enjoyed Tekken one for a few days because it was fresh and fun. But then I got bored of it and went right back to jerking off.

And I'm not into real worlds martial arts because I can't do any of it in real life. So I don't feel any reason to play a fighting game that features it. And quite frankly, while one of those characters is doing some kata, I'll just burn them with a Power Geyser or electrocute them with a Raijin Ken. :-D

But hey, that's just me and I'm a moron so what can you really say about my opinions? Nothing much...except that they're stupid. Ok, back to jerking off (writing a Physics lab report about Wheatstone bridges and Kirchoff's law.)

Hahah. Well, at least u have yur priorities in order.

Thing is tho, if u gave a game more than 10 minutes at a shot... u mite find things worth more than they seem. And ya, Soul Calibur 2 is rite up there with Virtua Fighter 4. Although I prefer SC2 cuz it's more fun.

Thing is tho, if u gave a game more than 10 minutes at a shot... u mite find things worth more than they seem.  And ya, Soul Calibur 2 is rite up there with Virtua Fighter 4.  Although I prefer SC2 cuz it's more fun.

Nope. 10 minutes is the rule. I sit there with a stop watch and if in 10 minutes, I'm not aroused. I snatch the disk (or cartridge) out of the machine and SMASH IT OVER MY HEAD with a loud HEEYA!

On a side note, I thought those environmental effects in Virtua Fighter 4 were completely badass. I enjoyed falling in the snow. :-D

I like Tekken 4 and don't understand people that hate it.

DOA in my opinion is just a sex-provoking game.

So is beach volleyball....

some jap people are going just too far...

I mean who knows? in the future you might actually be able to get these in game

girls to fxxk you....(like in Minority report-one of Cruise's friends have a cyber GF)

girls to fxxk you....(like in Minority report-one of Cruise's friends have a cyber GF)

Well that goes back to the old saying, "Sex sells." What better way to push a game than to market it to horny 13 year olds that masturbate to the game when their parents aren't at home. Or they appeal to fat, loser, sweaty, nerds ala the Simpson's Comic Book Guy. :-D That's who the game caters to.

I like Tekken 4 too. In fact, I PREFER Tekken 4 over VF4, but when VF4Evo came out, i'm sorry to say, it blew Tekken 4 out of the water. I would say Tekken has the better storyline n characters, while VF4 has got everything else. ;\ But that's only this time around.

DoA is too easy imo. I mean a button for a counter move? How weak. Sure it can be pretty fun I guess but really, it lacks in any technical sense compared to the other 3D Fighters out there, seriously lacks. Ya, it's like an anime gone 3D. I'm seriously getting tired of fighting games like that. *thinks certain KoF characters, Guilty Gear n recent Samurai Shodowns*

no i would not play it :-D