if you love snk...

Soundboz

why do you pirate their flocking games and not just spend money for them.

At least buy some of their products (KoF 2000/2001 just came out for ps2, and lets not forget dreamcast, so don't make AES and MVS excuses)

SNK and Playmore aren't doing very well period, and I don't think that people not buying their games is going to help.

edit- And yes, I did buy the ps2 version and 2002 for dreamcast.

Edited by Soundboz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

whose rom and emu?

if you own the games legally, no shame, if you put quarters in a machine, it motivates the arcade owner to buy the new game.

if you've spent money or own the game, then you've pretty much earned your right to play the rom of it...

I've been buying snk games for the playstation consoles since the early Kof days. I own Kof 97 import, Kof 99, Kof 2000/2001, and metal slug x. When my arcades stopped carrying their games and they went out of business, I had to resort to the roms for playing the newer and rarer games. But, I intend to pick up Samurai showdown 5 and kof 2003 even if i have the ROMs when they come out for PS2!! I don't intend to run them out of business!!! True fans will support their favorite companies in all ways :P

whose rom and emu?

if you own the games legally, no shame, if you put quarters in a machine, it motivates the arcade owner to buy the new game.

if you've spent money or own the game, then you've pretty much earned your right to play the rom of it...

well,I have played KOF2k2 Tonz of timez,so I use its ROM...

out here we kinda balance it out. There's an arcade close by that has a lot of neogeo games. Among them are SvC, Kof2000, Kof2002, etc, but ppl also play the roms on their comp, but mainly for practice, then the next day, go to the arcade, beat a whole bunch of ppl at fighting games and tadah. SNK is still supported cause there's usually ppl winning, losing, wanting to play again and again and again or there'll be one person that everyone will try to beat.

good, no?

for me, and im pretty sure for others as well, we spend a huge amount of money at the arcades playing Kofs, Svc, Metal SLug, and so on and so on. Emulation and ROMs are for us to play at home on our comps when we're not at the arcade. i would love to have SVC at home to practice so i can go out and face other challengers at the arcades, so thats where emulation comes in. Other than that, i feel what ur saying, but if thats the case, we gotta say the same for mp3s, movies, and all sorts of media out there.

ps: i also buy games from snk for mah consoles. but all this is jus mah opinion, with all due respect. :P

Yes, but obviously some games are not within access for some people to buy. After all, this is an emu forum. I myself have bought some SNK games. I admit its much nicer to have the original game, but its not a big deal. We have like 1 arcade around here, and it doesnt even have Time Crisis :P

I haven't found a single SNK game for consoles in where I live...The only exception is Fatal Fury 2 for the PSX...Same goes for arcades too... I don't know a single arcade near me...There was one once, but it moved. I don't know where.

Edited by Agozer