Welcome to 2014!

Alpha

It's crazy... we've now entered the 12th year of running 1Emulation. Time really flies. Can't say it enough!!!

What are your new year's resolutions? I'm sure everyone had a hangover on January 1st and January 2nd will have gyms across the world packed :lol: ....

Greetings & Happy New Year~

This seems to be a recurring theme for me but I forget to check 1emu from time-to-time and find my way back eventually. Twelve years... wow. I was barely legal to start drinking when this site went up I suppose. i just want to say I am glad I keep finding my way back here—it is like our own private club. :)

As for 2014 resolutions... I don't really believe in them because I tend to view everyday the same way, including holidays, and I feel one should strive towards bettering the self on a regular basis without relying on a specific date or event as incentive. That being said, I do have a particular goal in mind that just coincides with the occasion; I recently graduated from my program and now must find a job/apprenticeship position based on statutory law in order to comply with state requirements. I have mentioned in separate threads that I was studying in a Health Science related field that was not nursing, dentristry or radiology, etc. I intentionally keep the nature of my chosen career profession "low key" because of its nature. The reactions people give me when they learn what I am pursuing are mixed. Some find it very interesting, even commendable while others veer in the opposite direction. Some even mask their reaction when I can plainly see they find it... morbid.

Therefore, my little disclaimer: Given the nature of my profession, individuals react differently when presented with the fact of what I am, and I must let them know that I do not take offense to any personal beliefs one may associate with what I do nor intend any to anyone. I am a recently graduated Mortician from a nationally accredited program (one of two in the state of California), passed my national board exams in the Arts and Sciences related to the field, must retake my state FDR license exam because I failed by two points the first time, and complete my apprenticeship/EMB license exam within the specified time. I cannot (legally) claim to be a duly licensed Funeral Director until I pass that state exam and am employed by a licensed Funeral Establishment, and I cannot claim to be an embalmer until my apprenticeship is completed and my embalmer's license exam.

There you have it. The closest thing to a new year's resolution I can claim. :)

Applied for a barbering course.

I'm a tradesman and that shit is slow in England at the moment.

So thought what the hell.

Hopefully I will start next month, worth a shot if it works out.

Today is my first day off work since Christmas Day. Retail work sucks at this time of year.

Money must be good mate, I could never work xmas period, thats why I'm trying to work for my self.

Cant tolerate how companies treat their workers nowadays

woooo, been with 1emu since i start working. can't believe it has been 12 years!!!!

You're telling me. Feels like yesterday I was fighting the emulation world to keep this place together from the spam attacks, crazy BS I'd have to write in a book one day, and also the amazing stuff like getting featured in Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Greetings & Happy New Year~

This seems to be a recurring theme for me but I forget to check 1emu from time-to-time and find my way back eventually. Twelve years... wow. I was barely legal to start drinking when this site went up I suppose. i just want to say I am glad I keep finding my way back here—it is like our own private club. :-)

As for 2014 resolutions... I don't really believe in them because I tend to view everyday the same way, including holidays, and I feel one should strive towards bettering the self on a regular basis without relying on a specific date or event as incentive. That being said, I do have a particular goal in mind that just coincides with the occasion; I recently graduated from my program and now must find a job/apprenticeship position based on statutory law in order to comply with state requirements. I have mentioned in separate threads that I was studying in a Health Science related field that was not nursing, dentristry or radiology, etc. I intentionally keep the nature of my chosen career profession "low key" because of its nature. The reactions people give me when they learn what I am pursuing are mixed. Some find it very interesting, even commendable while others veer in the opposite direction. Some even mask their reaction when I can plainly see they find it... morbid.

Therefore, my little disclaimer: Given the nature of my profession, individuals react differently when presented with the fact of what I am, and I must let them know that I do not take offense to any personal beliefs one may associate with what I do nor intend any to anyone. I am a recently graduated Mortician from a nationally accredited program (one of two in the state of California), passed my national board exams in the Arts and Sciences related to the field, must retake my state FDR license exam because I failed by two points the first time, and complete my apprenticeship/EMB license exam within the specified time. I cannot (legally) claim to be a duly licensed Funeral Director until I pass that state exam and am employed by a licensed Funeral Establishment, and I cannot claim to be an embalmer until my apprenticeship is completed and my embalmer's license exam.

There you have it. The closest thing to a new year's resolution I can claim. :-)

Honestly, I got to say that it is absolutely awesome you're a mortician. I find it quite on the mysterious side and furthermore -- it might actually work wonders for you with women. Of course, you would not tell them right away what your job is, but you would keep them guessing. Girls always like a guy who is dark on the outside, but soft on the inside. And also as a 1emu buddy, I got to say it's pretty cool to say to others I know someone who deals with dead bodies. Gnarly stuff dude!!

It feels like just yesterday this place got a clean-up. I still feel like it's 2010.

Hah, feels like this place transcends time. It's like a black hole. Time does not really exist here.

I still feel like its 2005....

See above reply to Drakey. :-D