Question for iq 132..

fumanchu

i am not asking for these games to be ported on xbox as i dont think personally that these games would be playable on xbox,but iq 132 how do you think ketsui and dodonpachi dai au jou would emulate on a xbox console with final burn legends?

since these games were added to mame 0140.u2 ive been having a great time playing ketsui.

like i said this isnt a request i am just looking for your opinion.

thanks as always.

if there are any shmup fans out there then i would suggest you get a hold of the patched version of mame and try out ketsui and dodonpach dai ou jou and the black label version.

ketsui vid.

dodonpachi dai ao jou(i have the ps2 port of this and it is arcade perfet)

i hope we'll be able to play Ketsui and DDP DOJ on FBL, or Mame (CoinOPS), but i didnt think the xbox is powerful enough to handle it

Question to the developper of CoinOPS, did you think you'll be able to update the drivers, so these games will be playable ?

the mame driver has changed greatly by looks..... I dont have any sources for fba

obviously iq is the man and could do this the best out of anyone I know....as hes the expert and understands this stuff better than anyone....

ill do some looking at it soon its early days I guess as well

ketsui was released in japan for xbox 360 earlier this year but unfortuantly that port is region locked.ketsui was being ported over to the ps2 by arika the same devs who ported espgaluda and dodonpachi dai ou jou to the ps2.unfortunatly they were having problems porting the last level so they canned that release.

its a pity because both espgaluda and dodonpachi dai were both arcade perfect ports.cave then ported ibara and mushimelisima over to the ps2 and did a good job but not as good as akiras ports.

ibara is a great shmup on ps2 i would recommend anyone to try it,especially if you like battle garegga,battle bakraid and batrider on fbl/coinops.they were all made by raizing a great company who like cave rose from the ashes of the closure of toaplan.

raizing is now making marvel vs capcom 3 for capcom believe it or not.

i am not asking for these games to be ported on xbox as i dont think personally that these games would be playable on xbox,but iq 132 how do you think ketsui and dodonpachi dai au jou would emulate on a xbox console with final burn legends?

since these games were added to mame 0140.u2 ive been having a great time playing ketsui.

thanks as always.

if there are any shmup fans out there then i would suggest you get a hold of the patched version of mame and try out ketsui and dodonpach dai ou jou and the black label version.

Honestly it is pretty unlikely that it would play perfectly on xbox. It takes a big chunk of cpu and makes heavy usage of the slowest parts of the pgm emulation (sprites). On top of that, it uses almost 70mb of ram (so it would need a vmm hooked up). I've got some ideas on how to speed up the sound emulation a bit, but other than that, there's not a lot I can do.

I did have a version of the pgm driver that ran quite well on xbox a while ago, but it was based on extremely old sources - no sprite priorities, lots of unemulated features. :S

ok I managed to patch in all the latest FBA PGM drivers into CoinOPS....I havent hooked up the virtual mem....when the src comes out for the new FBA ill insert all the missing games...and there are a few...they may need speed hacks im not sure.....

I might ask for assistance from iq for any of this stuff hopefull one day it will be somewhat playable thanks to iq time will tell

thanks as always.

Honestly it is pretty unlikely that it would play perfectly on xbox. It takes a big chunk of cpu and makes heavy usage of the slowest parts of the pgm emulation (sprites). On top of that, it uses almost 70mb of ram (so it would need a vmm hooked up). I've got some ideas on how to speed up the sound emulation a bit, but other than that, there's not a lot I can do.

I did have a version of the pgm driver that ran quite well on xbox a while ago, but it was based on extremely old sources - no sprite priorities, lots of unemulated features. :S

thanks for the reply.

i had a feeling that it would take a lot to get these games even at a shall we say playable state on the xbox.i think i remember that old pgm driver.kenshiro added it to fbaxxx 1.29 IIRC?

Well I have a suggestion/question about this, could it be possible to implement some kind of swap file in order to to help the perfomance and speed of the emu? like the one used in xmugen which reaaaally helps the things go smoother (2 to 6gb)

CPX3 uses a swap file system for streetfighter 3 when you perform a super move IIRC.dont know how you could implement that into final burn legends though.

Well I have a suggestion/question about this, could it be possible to implement some kind of swap file in order to to help the perfomance and speed of the emu? like the one used in xmugen which reaaaally helps the things go smoother (2 to 6gb)

It exists since ages, it is a VMM. Performances will highly depend on the emulated system himself.

Despite Neogeo sprites roms are really big (64 MB for the biggest games, and more for the PCB revision of KOF2003), it is fast enough for all games ---> 60FPS.

Just have a try with the smallest PGM games (games who don't need a VMM as you have enough memory), like Photo Y2K. It is already slow as fuck on my Xbox, the CPU is crying ;)

A "solution" would probably to use oldest PGM drivers (the Oopsware one, before iq_132 rewrote the code ;)), they have a decent speed and iq wrote kind of very nice VMM for it, at least 2 years ago.

The latest iq_132 PGM drivers will definitly not run at a decent speed. Mooooo.

PS: Dave the whore, how it's going?