Fuck Fallout:New Vegas

solidius23

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Im up there in hours too and I dig it.

Not sure how many hours I have stamped up in this bitch, but im enjoying it a lot.

I just wish my levels would come quicker! I always need an extra "ten" in this or that, I want my science skill up invest then next thing I know I need 75 lockpick...

Im not in the strip yet havnt had a blast for a day now - why do i never have enough caps aggggh!

I've put like 25 hours in to the game so far and am loving it despite it's bugginess.

now imagine after all that time all your missions are in New Vegas. and every time you step foot in New Vegas the Securitrons shoot missles up your ass. :)

Call me whack, but i never played fall out, what's it about? i've seen videos of it on youtube and it's just bizarre, people get nuked and are still alive yet toasted?

A quick explanation.

Obviously a 1st/3rd person shooter that is based on RPG skills. You can pick up a gun but if your skill sucks so does your damage and ability to hit the target. It has quests that often rely on particular skills, not to complete the quest, but get the most out of it. For instance having a high speech allows for negotiation or talking someone into/out of something and so on.

The game is like a 50's style futuristic setting. As in imagine what people in the 50's thought the future would look like. Anyway, it post apocalyptic and the world is fucked. There were bunkers known as vaults and instead of safe havens, most were sick experiments gone wrong. The story and setting often explore the human condition and how others perceive what is right/wrong or how far someone will go, good or bad.

In this setting you can do whatever it is you wish. Often quests give you options to go one way or another. Some are harder decisions, like seal the reactor core and save a farm (which is hard to maintain in this world) or the opposite and save a group of people who are trapped in the reactor core, irrevocably damaging the crops.

Anyway, yea... There are all types of things going on, weird people. You sound like you saw a goul. They are those who were twisted by radiation and look like zombies. Then there are supermutants, which were created. Then you have a bunch of people, either vault dwellers or tribals... or anything in between. Plenty of factions, all vieing for what little is left of the wasteland. Be it an untainted water supply or a damn that generates energy.

Good fun if you ask me.

I've put like 25 hours in to the game so far and am loving it despite it's bugginess.

now imagine after all that time all your missions are in New Vegas. and every time you step foot in New Vegas the Securitrons shoot missles up your ass. :D

That sucks.

My Brotherhood of Steel quest is bugged so I can't train for power armor. Fucking bullshit, dude! Supposedly you could only choose one direction to go in but they didn't remove the other quest dialogue so I can't finish the fucking quest.

Call me whack, but i never played fall out, what's it about? i've seen videos of it on youtube and it's just bizarre, people get nuked and are still alive yet toasted?

A quick explanation.

Obviously a 1st/3rd person shooter that is based on RPG skills. You can pick up a gun but if your skill sucks so does your damage and ability to hit the target. It has quests that often rely on particular skills, not to complete the quest, but get the most out of it. For instance having a high speech allows for negotiation or talking someone into/out of something and so on.

The game is like a 50's style futuristic setting. As in imagine what people in the 50's thought the future would look like. Anyway, it post apocalyptic and the world is fucked. There were bunkers known as vaults and instead of safe havens, most were sick experiments gone wrong. The story and setting often explore the human condition and how others perceive what is right/wrong or how far someone will go, good or bad.

In this setting you can do whatever it is you wish. Often quests give you options to go one way or another. Some are harder decisions, like seal the reactor core and save a farm (which is hard to maintain in this world) or the opposite and save a group of people who are trapped in the reactor core, irrevocably damaging the crops.

Anyway, yea... There are all types of things going on, weird people. You sound like you saw a goul. They are those who were twisted by radiation and look like zombies. Then there are supermutants, which were created. Then you have a bunch of people, either vault dwellers or tribals... or anything in between. Plenty of factions, all vieing for what little is left of the wasteland. Be it an untainted water supply or a damn that generates energy.

Good fun if you ask me.

Thanks for brief explanation, I think i will give it a rent or maybe even a purchase. Also, is there any superiority between the 360 / ps3 and pc version? or are they all identical?

A quick explanation.

Good fun if you ask me.

Thanks for brief explanation, I think i will give it a rent or maybe even a purchase. Also, is there any superiority between the 360 / ps3 and pc version? or are they all identical?

I would say from what i have seen the 3sexy version is probably the better all-round one, coding for the 360 seems so much better than sluggish shiity PS3 ports. PC version blows donkey balls.

I could be wrong, but I hear there are 2 ways to get the training. I believe the other one may be from the previous Elder but I have no idea, this is off the top of my head.

Yea the game is bugged out. I had to turn my shit off and go to work... In 3 hours yesterday I had issues like corrupted a save file, speech challenge issue while completing Veronicas quest, and also her not moving: she just stood there. Old repeat bugs from 3, like pip boy screen that glows neon green so you cant see it, getting stuck in vats, and not being able to target the head.

Time to get back on it. I have an entire Vault filled with Fiends that need to be exterminated... again. Damn save file. This time Im repairing the Gatling Laser to see how quick this can be done. With the mods its pretty sweet.

Gatling Laser rapes... but devours your ammo. It only seems viable if you have a ton of dudes you just wanna wash over. Using a grenade rifle is much more cost effective though. Even if you dont put points into explosives.

Speaking of which, I did. It sounds like a waist of time but I absolutely destroy with explosives. I once got a sneak crit with my uber grenade rifle and 4 people blew to bits. Arms and legs everywhere. I didnt get the extra range perk but whatever. Next playthrough is going to be better, Energy weapon perks are sick, as well as melee perks.