Street Fighter X Tekken

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed I will own and play both.

They had an interview about MK vs SF and that the game was in talks many years ago but nothing came of it at the time. They said the issue about the "blood" isn't a big deal because MK characters can retain animations for fatalities while not actually killing the opponents. Just adding blood instead of dismembered bodies.

I'm glad its SF vs Tekken and not SNK again as thats been done already.

They had an interview about MK vs SF and that the game was in talks many years ago but nothing came of it at the time. They said the issue about the "blood" isn't a big deal because MK characters can retain animations for fatalities while not actually killing the opponents. Just adding blood instead of dismembered bodies.

This may be true, but that's taking away from what Mortal Kombat is, I don't like when game developers try to adjust one franchise for the other to be balanced, they would be better off just leaving the idea alone.

A more arguable approach would be MK VS KI, but since Killer Instinct has a rather small cult following, not many people would care anyhow.

kinda tired of SF now, c'mon lets have new fighting come out. SO TIRED OF seeing RYU period.

Sprites were re-used(then again that's wat sf is best known for) Hopefully there will be a distinct different like in CvS and SvC.

Sprites? SF x Tekken uses SF4 gameplay style and engine. Tekken x SF will look like Tekken 6. I would be tired of SF if it was a sub-par fighting game but as it stands its still the dominant fighter in the genre, not to mention the fact that SSF4 for arcade will have two new characters revealed in September and possibly more for the PC version.

I'd like a SF vs MK if Capcom got to design the MK characters. I know some of you think MK is all about the blood and death but the fatalities strictly speaking aren't that amazing, you like MK just because of the fatalities or for the rest?

Anyway, looks like MvC3 won't be the only big crossover fighter to come and i'm glad that its SF x Tekken and not Capcom x Namco. No bizarre, ridiculous characters on both sides, some that players might not recognize at all. That means there might actually be a decent storyline, and not some alternate dimension craziness with a giant orb as the final boss.

I'd like a SF vs MK if Capcom got to design the MK characters. I know some of you think MK is all about the blood and death but the fatalities strictly speaking aren't that amazing, you like MK just because of the fatalities or for the rest?

You're missing my point. Capcom designing MK characters, is like Street Fighter characters being designed using Unreal Engine, it's completely asinine.

My point isn't that the fatalities are amazing, my point is that you're towards making Mortal Kombat, no longer Mortal Kombat. Every single Mortal Kombat game since 1992 has had blood (except MK Vs. DC, which proves my point), dismemberment, and without that, it is not Mortal Kombat, it's just a generic fighter with nothing different provided.

I don't understand why you accept this, it's a stupid idea that should never come to fruition.

It's almost as if you're putting Mortal Kombat characters in a Super Smash Bros. game, the art style for Street Fighter does not match it.

To be fair, I'm not saying that I would absolutely loathe the game if it came out, but I'm down with putting two things together that match.

You're missing my point. Capcom designing MK characters, is like Street Fighter characters being designed using Unreal Engine, it's completely asinine.

My point isn't that the fatalities are amazing, my point is that you're towards making Mortal Kombat, no longer Mortal Kombat. Every single Mortal Kombat game since 1992 has had blood (except MK Vs. DC, which proves my point), dismemberment, and without that, it is not Mortal Kombat, it's just a generic fighter with nothing different provided.

I'm towards making Mortal Kombat better than what it is. To me its at like Round 3 of completion when it should be at Round 6, visually speaking. I want it to look better. If I was manager of directing the art i'd say it wasn't good enough keep working on it, is how I feel when I see the MK's since MK3 to current.

And anyway, for you I suppose the blood and fatalities make MK, MK. To me its the characters and whether there's gore or not i'm indifferent towards. But its obviously not something the makers can ignore and nor would the fans so just like with SFxTekken there will be a TekkenxSF. If there was a SFvsMK with little to no blood they could just as well make a MKvsSF and have gore and death in it.

Aside from getting off-topic, this is Capcom we're talking about. I might be ok with having let Midway publish MK the way it has been which to me is not very good, but Capcom has rarely disappointed me and especially not with fighters. I see Kazuya in SF4 style and it makes me excited that we're in this golden age of fighters making a comeback (yes, even MK included for what its worth), crossing divisions and if we could get a game like MK done by Capcom for a crossover, shit... i'd just be happy at the fact that they're even trying to do these things for gamers and i'm damn glad that they're expanding beyond Marvel and SNK into familiar favorites like Tekken and who knows what else in the next decade. MK perhaps?

We'll need games like SFxTekken for progress to be made with a game like MK to be crossed with.

from what i hear or read somewhere capcom is all about the crossover projects now that they arent under some weird contract or something it didnt make much sense, anyways fan or not i think a mk vs sf cross over should be done just like the tekken x street fighter cross over is being done 2 diff game engines done by each company one with fam sf gameplay and one with some down and nasty and grusome mk gameplay. i really dont think capcom would puss out to an mature fighter they are trying to bring the fighters back they even want people to voice their opinions for a new darkstalkers and eveything( i love darkstalkers) basically what im saying is for as many people who would hate just about any crossover there are so many more who will buy it or how ever they aquire games that will play it.

Yea... so about these real fighting games? Whatdya call it??? Tekken vs SF and SF vs Tekken? I wanna know more about them! Not some speculation about some game that doesnt and shouldnt exist. I mean... Who wants to talk about a sub-par game mixed in with real fighters?