New mk game trailer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could still look a lot better imo. The fight animations look so rigid and awkward, and I think they need to overhaul their character designs. None of them look appealing to me, in grungy 90's rock sort of way.

I think Ed Boon needs to step down and let someone with more creativity and artistic vision takeover. That game doesn't look at all like a reboot to me. Mortal Kombat had success because of its environments, mood and fatalities, but if the art direction looks the same as it did from when I played it last, which was like MK3, then somethings wrong.

It's like all the characters share the same base model with different outfits and heads. Where's the variety? Different characters should have different body types and shapes/sizes, aside from the obvious need for new character concepts in terms of designs.

I would make an example of what happened to Team Fortress 2 and how visually different and appealing overall it became when it changed direction from a typical, rigid 3D model FPS to that highly artistic, retro-fitted art direction it went for. To me it became simpler but so much better. MK could use such a makeover and not to look the way TF2 does but something to breath new life to the series.

Christ, even the women look the same. Same re-hashed Kitana bikini ninja design with volumous hair or some such, what is this? A 90's car wash music video? THE 90'S IS OVER ED COME THE FUCK ON.

Edited by veristic

for what ever reason the site posted doesn't work for me so I checked it here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/new...-trailer/345455

looks good to me. I never liked the full 3d MK games before. so going the SFIV route of 3d graphics on a 2d fight sounds good to me.

This game might work.

I think Ed Boon needs to step down and let someone with more creativity and artistic vision takeover. That game doesn't look at all like a reboot to me. Mortal Kombat had success because of its environments, mood and fatalities, but if the art direction looks the same as it did from when I played it last, which was like MK3, then somethings wrong.

It's like all the characters share the same base model with different outfits and heads. Where's the variety? Different characters should have different body types and shapes/sizes, aside from the obvious need for new character concepts in terms of designs.

I would make an example of what happened to Team Fortress 2 and how visually different and appealing overall it became when it changed direction from a typical, rigid 3D model FPS to that highly artistic, retro-fitted art direction it went for. To me it became simpler but so much better. MK could use such a makeover and not to look the way TF2 does but something to breath new life to the series.

Christ, even the women look the same. Same re-hashed Kitana bikini ninja design with volumous hair or some such, what is this? A 90's car wash music video? THE 90'S IS OVER ED COME THE FUCK ON.

Perfect analysis, perfect.

The digitized 2d versions looked and played the best. They better go back to that, or the design board.

D for trying reviving MK with an apparent nextgen remake (MK II? Some characters and stages/backgrounds from MK III are recognizeable, like Nightwolf, Sektor and Smoke), though.

Amusing that the makers of old hits try bringing back old titles mainstream again (Super Mario, Sonic, Street Fighter II, Tomb Raider 1...). Not really unexpectable, with the fanbase behind some of those oldies.

Someone there seems to be thinking that just increasing visual gore will shock today's gamers into buying this, like MK did back around 1992.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

• 4 weeks later...

excuse the bumpage but new updates have stated tha the mk game will have tag team and

(get these babies) assists and a MK versions of EX specials! Also....COmbo breakers!

Hmmm, Im a fan of mvc so im cool but.... as a fighter game enthusiasts, i may be able to empathize with whoever mk fan is pissed about this.

Also it seemes they fighting style has been almost completely ripped from mkvsDC.