MOVED

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS SHOWROOM  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to agree, the xport emulators have to be the easiest to use and configure.

I also don't understand the issue of switching between SD and HD, options/switch to HD/choose skin.

How is that difficult ? Do these people have problems switching channels on their TV's ?

On reflection, these so called "people" who can't switch from SD to HD

have bought a HD ready TV set, modded their xbox, bought and installed the correct HD AV leads, configured their xbox correctly for HD output then can't configure an emulator from SD to HD. I think not.

I think the "number" of people who struggle, is pure fabrication.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zhoul, my problems with looking for my own roms are manifold. Hard to find the correct version that actually works. And the only way I've found to collect xmvx is in huge rapidshare rars, which I then have to sort through and it wastes bandwidth and (temporarily) hard drive space. And on top of all that, I'm just not a big enough arcade fan to even know the names of games I don't have that are cool. Soul Edge/Calibur, I guess.. Lucky & Wild was an awesome game, but it'd never work on a controller anyways.

If you can free up some space, you might consider grabbing the full CoinOPS set just so you'll have all the roms you need from the get go. That solves one of your problems right there. Then you can whittle down the list if you're willing to put the time in to Google the filenames. Some rom names are pretty obvious when skimming through the list.

Here are a couple good sites to help with putting together a custom list:

http://www.bmigaming.com/top100arcade.htm

http://www.arcade-museum.com/TOP100.html

Edited by Zhoul

well you guys dont understand the issues and thats why ill leave you to it ...xports emus endup in F:/xbmc/videos and then the people started crying they couldnt find them...the young ones have there own xbox on there small tv and take it to friends....

anyways you guys can stick with madmab stuff which you will be im sure...this as I say is for people that want change and I know of many....so no offense although you say they find it is easy I do actually watch them....and I wont be adding this stuff as ive seen the same issues with these systems come up time and time again.

I think its obvious if you sit people down on the two with no knowedge which one they can play and which one ends up a mess....including a scrambled skin and wierd stuff like that...dont know how they manage but I was sick of fixing all the issues with peoples xboxs with these emus...and now I dont have to...

The videos will only be deleted for Console stuff as its whats asked for by the many...im simply giving you guys the option....of what you guys want....anyone else like rx can do his own build no issues...I personally wont use it but hey power to him for doing it....

I do this stuff for people like megabungle ... when I started I just wanted an easy gui.... then I found so many cool games I didnt know about..... as I code it I saw many issues with what people say is true, even rx list has many issues he missed and also many issues he stated that arnt true...so if he gets it wrong what chance does someone have that just wants to play games.....the solution for them....

SHOWCASE....... the solution for people that really think they know what they are doing(ive seen few that understand CoinOPS setup to my depth)then they are free to do any build they want...nothing is locked

its ok....im just saying its not really helping this thread ..... its really just saying dont worry about showcase 2.... which is fine to think but is kind of irralivant to the topic at hand which is about doing it

I was responding to megabungle because I thought I could help. What's wrong with trying to be helpful? At any rate, what I posted first was a request for feedback about the XML stuff you mentioned in the other thread. That's what interests me. It's a great idea and I wanted to learn more -- and still do.

I havent thought about it at present....its pretty easy to add..ill talk with some and may get time to add it...all it would do is work like the romstatus.xml and use method in settings if nothing in xml if not it could be set to run a mode...if you like pixel perfect and dont like any overscan choose pixel perfect auto fit and adjust the borders of where it fits yourself :D

I havent thought about it at present....its pretty easy to add..ill talk with some and may get time to add it...all it would do is work like the romstatus.xml and use method in settings if nothing in xml if not it could be set to run a mode...if you like pixel perfect and dont like any overscan choose pixel perfect auto fit and adjust the borders of where it fits yourself :D

Would it be possible for the user to specify in the XML which filtering mode he'd like to use and basically run certain games in classic stretched-to-screen mode? This would be useful for SDTV users who want to make sure ALL of their games fit properly on the screen. Use Pixel Perfect 2x and Point Filtering for games that don't have too much over scan and stretched-to-screen mode and bilinear filtering for games that do.

Edited by Zhoul

Im new to emulation, ive been using Arcades which i had given to me with roms, for a year or so.

Showroom sounds brill but will it come complete with roms ? As i dont have a clue how to start gathering a correct working set, thanks.