MOVED

BritneysPAIRS

CoinOPS SHOWROOM  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are all really great points. I've had similar issues myself when showing people how to use the emulators.

I am happy as with my progress cba :) good to see concerned about my progress....maybe you should look at your own stuff with more concern I would for sure if I was you....

im doing a best of made from many experienced people...alot of games I didnt know about...anyones free to make suggestions and join the team...but they need to know its a controlled process and to work with the project not against it or try and control it...if that happens we progress without you....its nothing personal as people think....ive found it easy to own others that think they can go it alone and I wish this wasnt the case but unfortantly ive never seen any proof that I should have let them control the show....maybe I should have seen there skills but I havent so im happy with things :) also the stats show they are so wrong anyways...but hey they think they are right so we will agree to disagree...lifes all good and im enjoying the fruits of my work...and everyday I enjoy it a little more

ill give CBA a real world story of average people...

I gave my cousin and xbox that I had been running xport stuff in sd on....he had an hd tv...

his kids played it and when the screens to small...so I told them they have to change the TV

LESSON LEARNED :: Assumption they have sd and hd tvs and wont swap is flawed...so fixed in CoinOPS

then all the games where the wrong size

LESSON LEARNED :: No automatic adjustments makes life hard when swapping ...so fixed in CoinOPS

they asked how do I change the screensize

LESSON LEARNED :: People dont want to understand the technical side and want to play games...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they got lost in the emulator and asked where Mslugs where...I told them dummies they are CPS2 games you newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: general public dont know CPS1 CPS2 other NeoGeo...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they said I cant see my games....I said dam you must point this to F://Games//Emulators//mednafenx//Roms whats wrong with you...they said whats mednafenx...I said what a newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: Why do you think people know what system runs what and how you have managed the file system...so fixed in CoinOPS

its a hint for you guys that wonder why the interface is done the way it is...if it doesnt make sense then all the power to you and good luck...it makes sense to me and as this is my project im happy with what ive done...you guys need other stuff or to start your own project...there is more examples and more reasons but these are the basics of my design structure and why....if you dont understand then we can never see eye to eye as I will never see your point a view after seeing this 50 times in each occassion when modding 100s of boxes

so cba although you dont care you are always back...

Its good to see all you new people......this will add documentation for people eventually to answer alot of questions asked and also stuff you probably dont know exists in it :)

WELCOME ALL BRING OTHERS IN AND JOIN IN IVE SEEN MANY NEW FACES LATELY WHICH IS GOOD TO SEE, MAKE SHOWROOM MUCH BETTER

-

i thought we were just filling up the thread... my bad. :)

These are all really great points. I've had similar issues myself when showing people how to use the emulators.

I am happy as with my progress cba :) good to see concerned about my progress....maybe you should look at your own stuff with more concern I would for sure if I was you....

im doing a best of made from many experienced people...alot of games I didnt know about...anyones free to make suggestions and join the team...but they need to know its a controlled process and to work with the project not against it or try and control it...if that happens we progress without you....its nothing personal as people think....ive found it easy to own others that think they can go it alone and I wish this wasnt the case but unfortantly ive never seen any proof that I should have let them control the show....maybe I should have seen there skills but I havent so im happy with things :) also the stats show they are so wrong anyways...but hey they think they are right so we will agree to disagree...lifes all good and im enjoying the fruits of my work...and everyday I enjoy it a little more

ill give CBA a real world story of average people...

I gave my cousin and xbox that I had been running xport stuff in sd on....he had an hd tv...

his kids played it and when the screens to small...so I told them they have to change the TV

LESSON LEARNED :: Assumption they have sd and hd tvs and wont swap is flawed...so fixed in CoinOPS

then all the games where the wrong size

LESSON LEARNED :: No automatic adjustments makes life hard when swapping ...so fixed in CoinOPS

they asked how do I change the screensize

LESSON LEARNED :: People dont want to understand the technical side and want to play games...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they got lost in the emulator and asked where Mslugs where...I told them dummies they are CPS2 games you newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: general public dont know CPS1 CPS2 other NeoGeo...so fixed in CoinOPS

then they said I cant see my games....I said dam you must point this to F://Games//Emulators//mednafenx//Roms whats wrong with you...they said whats mednafenx...I said what a newbe

LESSON LEARNED :: Why do you think people know what system runs what and how you have managed the file system...so fixed in CoinOPS

its a hint for you guys that wonder why the interface is done the way it is...if it doesnt make sense then all the power to you and good luck...it makes sense to me and as this is my project im happy with what ive done...you guys need other stuff or to start your own project...there is more examples and more reasons but these are the basics of my design structure and why....if you dont understand then we can never see eye to eye as I will never see your point a view after seeing this 50 times in each occassion when modding 100s of boxes

so cba although you dont care you are always back...

Its good to see all you new people......this will add documentation for people eventually to answer alot of questions asked and also stuff you probably dont know exists in it :)

WELCOME ALL BRING OTHERS IN AND JOIN IN IVE SEEN MANY NEW FACES LATELY WHICH IS GOOD TO SEE, MAKE SHOWROOM MUCH BETTER

-

i thought we were just filling up the thread... my bad. :)

no Tristan, you are entering the twilight zone "q-music" te-na-na-te-na-na

no Tristan, you are entering the twilight zone "q-music" te-na-na-te-na-na

If that really is your name tristanx then you actually have the same first name as me. :)

how depressed were you when you found out what your name means in latin?

and yes... it is my real first name.

Edited by tristanx

Can't console emulators be left in anyway? Then everybody has the choice if they wish to use it or not.

I personaly was really hoping for this as it would save me the headache of having to get all the individual emus and configure them all etc. :)

Can't console emulators be left in anyway? Then everybody has the choice if they wish to use it or not.

I personaly was really hoping for this as it would save me the headache of having to get all the individual emus and configure them all etc. :)

It's well worth the extra time you'll spend, especially considering that many of the emus are now being updated with new features by madmab.

50 percent want console games at present thats not to bad :) 50 percent want arcdes only....so its neck and neck really ill let people decide....

50 percent want to change over and 50 percent dont thats pretty good :) rally some more people as im working out best of lists now anyways with a few people

At first I thought it was a bit crazy to put the console support in Coinops but the more I think about it, the more I like it. You don't have to exit out of an emulator and startup a new one and you don't have to configure each one to your preferences - it really is good for n00bs like kids who aren't aware of CPS2, TG16, etc as mentioned by BP. Also, if people don't like them that can just ignore them and use Madmab's revamped Xport emus or nes6502's fantastic emu ports.

Coinops is more like a general game center where non-hardcore-gamers can just get in and play almost anything from 1970-200x.

sheesh people... switching emulators isn't like rocket science or brain surgery.

bp... how about this. coinops with all the mame, consoles, simple stuff for your average user and a coinops w/o consoles but with the mame side really tweaked to get as many of the mame titles working perfectly. kind of hardcore version for arcade only type.