My internet sucketh

768864434.png Friday night in my neighborhood

This is bullshit Im trying to replace. Verisons coming through with a 25/25 up/down for almost 50 a month. Fiber. Very tempting.

768868524.png Just did another one...

768869368.png and another

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A router

I have previousaly checked direct connection. I cannot even get a game of Tekken!! Inky and I tried everything. The only thing that doesnt lag is FPS like MWF2 and BF 1943. Superior net cod I guess. I can play MWF2 with my buddies in Orlando just fine, but not a game of MvC2. Its the provider, they suck ass. I rekon they oversold and cannot keep up with the demand in the local area.

Id like anyone to participate, please go to http://www.speedtest.net/ run a test and post the results here. Just copy the direct link in the result box and post it here in IMG. Please and thank you. Id like to know what everyone else is working with.

Edit: 768890573.png

My local laubched a max. 200/10 connection just recently. About $75/month. Other options include a 110Mb for ~$61, a 40Mb one for ~$48 and finally a 10Mb connection for ~$33.

My current connection a a 5Mb one, so I'll be upgrading some time in he near future. 10Mb seems just fine.

Back to you: is Cox known for being all over the place like this?

As in speeds? Yes. During the day in the week, itll be somewhere around 15 dl. Now its super busy at 3

Ive noticed though, that even at 15/5 I cannot get a game of tekken, where my friends in Orlando have no issue at all with the "same" speeds. Im sure there are technical aspects I do not know. But what I do know is i cant play anything online. 25/25 for less than 50 bucks sounds like too good of a deal!

Wait what? 110 Mbs for ~61? U.S. $? If so, How does the $ stretch over where you live? As in Ryan says it spreads far in China, is $60 expensive to you? And if its about the same, holy shit man thats insane speeds! I think we pay somewhere around $40 for what you see posted here!

For a long time I used to be stuck at 2mbps/384kbps. I actually didn't mind it because the connection was always reliable, consistent and had low latency. Right now, I'm on Comcast which goes up to 16mbps. So far it has been ok, but the speed and latency jump around a lot, especially during peak hours.

Mine is a pretty consistant 10mb down. The up is inconsistant but usually around 1mb. I'm on the low package for my area with time Warner. Now of course in action my max dl is about 1.5 mb a second.

Well Inky, are you able to play Tekken with anyone online? Im trying to figure out why everyone here seems to complain about my connection, but the tests claim its average. I cannot get a decent game where as my friends with the same connection speed have no issues. The guy plays Tekken all the damn time. I cant even play someone across the damn street!

Wait what? 110 Mbs for ~61? U.S. $? If so, How does the $ stretch over where you live? As in Ryan says it spreads far in China, is $60 expensive to you? And if its about the same, holy shit man thats insane speeds! I think we pay somewhere around $40 for what you see posted here!

Yeah, I made a rough EUR --> USD conversion. $61 is roughly €45, so when pitted against my finances, it's pretty pricey for someone who's not working full time. Paying that much for a 110Mb connection is not bad at all though, considering that the ISP (Welho, the biggest cable provider) offers very stable speeds. My Internet connection is always maxed out when using good servers with no speed caps.