My internet sucketh

I had a similar problem with a UK provider called tiscali, nearly all there customers reported dreadful ping when playing online games 125 to 160 even for local servers, everyone would post on their support forums and they would give shitty excuse after excuse, in the end loads of people jumped ship.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the 21st fucking century! We were supposed to have Fiber well over 10 years ago! Problem is, with everything... The powers that be want more and more money. I honestly dont think companies do their shit right. Dude, I was a "repair agent" for Convergys. What I did was swindle customers with actual issues. Id take the call, try to fix it with a hit to the box. If all everything else failed, I scheduled a repair guy to come out. But my job was actually to get the to upgrade one way or another. If a hit to the box fixed the issue, they were pleased. Much more susceptible to agree to a new package... IE HBO/MAX or HD channels or whatever. I was paid 10 an hour base but there was folks that left the week with WAAAY more as they sold so much. (commission) The entire program was a joke and money was pouring in from it. So, they took their resources, spent it on us to build more. To what end? Line their pockets further no doubt! I spoke with customers that had SHIT lines laid. You see said company bought out all the bankrupt cable companies so in certain regions the structure of the lines were shit. Instead of putting the money where it need be, they just tried to make more.

I have shit internet. Verison is coming through, but will they actually be better? What if my speeds dwindle once we had it a bit... like they flicked a switch after the 30 days so more bandwidth can go to the new users? Thats the shit I wonder... I dont know enough technical stuff to know, nor do I know the state of the physical capability of the local Verison. Sure its fiber, but how much info are they able to relay at one time? If everyone bought it would they be able to handle it?

But what the fuck. Its 2010!!! Where are the flying cars, hand held laser guns. Water parks on the moon. We could AT LEAST have awesome internet, but nooooo. The future sucks. lol

We pay $45 a month for this...

774614289.png

So were getting the 25/25. Its $65 a month for over 3 times the speed I tested at just now. I cant wait... Tekken, MvC2, SF, Armored Core 4, etc... here I come.

Mines a dongle or a wireless USB thing you ram in the rig.

Im still torturing my mother to get a hardline put in at my house on her card, but she thinks i wont pay her 20 a month when i already pay 15 for this bag of death connection.

How the fuck... What? Wouldnt that be 1000 Mbps? 25 is pretty damn good and at 65 a month. Are you sure? 1000 Mbps is ridiculous... and for so little. Currency differential included... That just doenst seem right.

You could actually download the internet with a connection like that.

Im gonna harass my mother again until she says yes, she nags at me over nothing now im gonna give her it.