My internet sucketh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my old man is like a rattling crack head with it im like "dad can I..."

NO!! DEEP PACKET INSPECTION!!! STFU!!!!! WE WILL BURN!!!

Truth is I downloaded Bioshock 2, bad company 2, and about 5 DVD rips and nothing has come of it. (i tricked him lol lol lol)

My buddy was an engineer for a big provider in the uk (O2) and he said "make a list" so I would, then he would tell me an hour later hed got it all.

He was directly downloading with the server! :D

So he should know if the deep packet inspection is real at the moment so Ill get round to asking him but he is currently doing a CISCO job in Afghanistan. Dodging mortors while calculating binary...

Yeah i'm Korean, born in America though. Late at night the other day I got up to 30mbps but upstream has yet to change.

Ahh, see I remember things that are obscure.

Whats your package? This has gotten to 17 Mbps once... once.

Road Runner Turbo Max I believe.

Ohhhh "power boost" Bullshit marketing. Powerboost does NOT exist. lulz. As they gave you something that enhances it. What they really mean by power boost... is they let you get more Mbps.

I HATE marketing. Sorry, got on a tirade.

Up to 30 Mbps they say. But thats seems to only be in certain areas. How much do you pay for that?

Powerboost... Ya know when I go to Verisons page, they have this "Cable eat our dust" then they have their 25 vs cables 15, and their 15 vs cables 5. Bitches! What moron falls for those gimmicks?! It's like "which weighs more, a ton of feathers or a ton of bowlingballs" Of course 25 Mbps is faster that 15 Mbps... Lets do a test on their 15 vs Cables 15. Then well see who is better... who has less drops in speed.

Fucking marketing

Yeah I know its all marketing, just trying to squeeze as much out of my connection as I can for my endeavor unless I find something better.

Oh no... I sure you know, your on this site... You gotta know the basics.

Im just pissed cause I can never get a straight answer about my internet questions. Its all marketing, no straight, real answers. I always wonder what the factors are in terms of speed loss. The only way I'll get real answers I suspect is finding a tech and asking him personally. Or some kind of engineer that works at the local ground station or something similar. Someone who actually works on the stuff.

I am preparing to get this new ISP and not get above 15 Mbps... in which case i'll fry them over the phone. FIBER... OPTICS... BITCH! WTF. But lemme not get ahead of myself.

Best you can get in my area is just shy of a 5 meg download...

Government are always blabbing on about updating it all, ffs we never even got cable round here the douche bags.

I hear that they just rammed through the new Digital Economy Bill in the UK with no scrutiny whatsoever. Even though massive criticism has been raised against the bill. Not good thing to be a British Internet user right now.

I hear that they just rammed through the new Digital Economy Bill in the UK with no scrutiny whatsoever. Even though massive criticism has been raised against the bill. Not good thing to be a British Internet user right now.

i read a little and basicly boils down to "you see what we want you to see and you do what we want you to do"

PRICKS!

I dunno, I can still et up a site like wikileaks (an American freedom of speech site currently packing some very juicy footage of an apache helicopter murdering innocents)

But the general feel to it was it was run threw the courts without a second glance.

piratebay

isohunt

soon all to be completely gone, and with deep packet inspection ---- we are cuffed at the hands, the last form of freedom taken from us.

I am beginning to dislike this country.

If anything it will just push hard copy piracy through the roof.

Some geeks are saying we could get really fucking pawned with this new act it lets them do just about anything.

but what will they do?