CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

Oki testing is not going to happen at the moment :(

fumanchu and BP: i dont have a blanc screen, i see the CoinOPS logo and the window where the games is listed, i have the background music. but if i press start (to get the menu to scan for new games) or A button it hangs (the music stops and nothing happens). i cant press anything.

if i do the same agin (boot the xbox and start CoinOPS) i again see the first screen and here the music, if i then press all the outher buttons (not the start or A) nothing happens and nothing hangs? pressing A or start hangs it and a rebbot is nessesery?

is there anything i can do? or wait for the new version?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP,

Dont know if you remember i helped with the slow load prob in RX (we discussed in PM ages ago!)

With EPIC R6 recently I narrowed it down to a UDATA conflict (Not TDATA)

Its NOT 4d44515, 4d44516 or babe..etc (whatever the old build folders were) removing these helped some people, but there is something else still conflicting

Ive got about 1000 folders in my UDATA, when clearing it and fresh install Er6 all is good, when adding back the folders all is bad (4 minute rom load times!)

So over the weekend I will try and narrrow it down to find the offending entry.

I will post the results once i have them.

- note: this only effects a very few people who happen to have the conflict, so dont everyone start crying and pointing fingers.

Cheers!

cmekki- leave your blank screen for 5mins and see if it then loads, you may have the same prob.

Edited by Zeuss

3 things that could cause this....

1) saves conflict...remove all the coinops saves and let it rebuild

2) no roms found...put a rom into CoinOPS/rom thats valid delet the save and let it rebuild

3) slow hdd cat file saving...go into the advanced setting and turn the fast bootup option

1) saves conflict...remove all the coinops saves and let it rebuild

2) no roms found...put a rom into CoinOPS/rom thats valid delet the save and let it rebuild

3) slow hdd cat file saving...go into the advanced setting and turn the fast bootup option

1) Ive tried 4d44515, 4d44516, babe**** any others?

If you can post a list of previous build locations in TDATA/UDATA I will do the testing to find out if its old CoinOPS or something else

2) Nope, not that. works fine after clearing UDATA:

Ive got about 1000 folders in my UDATA, when clearing it and fresh install Er6 all is good, when adding back the folders all is bad (4 minute rom load times!)

3) Nope, not that. works fine after clearing UDATA:

please post a list of previous build locations in TDATA/UDATA.

Cheers!

copy your tdata/udata folders to your pc.....then delete them all then rebuild....see if it works....then put back on your tdataudata later....just see if its a save effecting things

Thats exactly what i said ive already done, 3 times.

once again:

This proves its a conflict prob, yes i get it.

I want to gone beyond that now and want to help ID the conflicting save for you.

Please provide a list of previous build TDATA/UDATA folders, thanks

(if you dont have/cant get the list please say so)

Edited by Zeuss

boob babe face....all ones starting with that also the old ones 45454 and the mameox / mamedox ones...you can open the title.xxx file in note pad and tell what game its for

:( you need to keep the ones you want and remove the others

I didnt want to open 1000+ files, thats why i asked for list. :)

Do you know have a list of the old places or not? (all mamedox/coinops)

Edited by Zeuss

babexxxx boobxxxseries files

4d414d45 4d414d46 4d414d44

are some most of them id try first

tried them already.

Ive moved almost all my saves and will move them back one by one as i need them, still dont know which folder conflicts (i think it might not be one of your old builds, i have tons of apps and dev stuff on this box)

but at least with a clear UDATA/TDATA and disabling 'Info Tracking' the roms now load fine.

Thanks for help, and if i find the conflict i will let you know.