CoinOPS screen settings

dam-soft

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The games have different resolutions so your best bet is to just stretch the display to fill a 4:3 screen and leave it at that. Most arcade games just filled up a standard 4:3 monitor regardless of the resolution anyway.

Cospefogo sure does care about his pixel ratios. I just care about fitting the image on my tiny tv screen.

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to make a "parent" CoinOps XBE launch that would in turn launch a custom CoinOps XBE for the game resolution? For instance:

- CoinOps "parent" XBE is launch, full rom list is shown ect.

- You scroll down to, lets say, Bionic Commando and select it

- The "parent" CoinOps then tells a separate custom CoinOps 256x224 to launch itself and the rom at the correct resolution

- You play your game with the custom resolution

- Quitting the game takes you back to the parent "CoinOps" romlist

This may be impossible or a lot of work, but I thought I would mention it as it would seem like an ideal way for the emulator to behave for some people. (Like me.)

;)

Thanks

if you are looking for the best screensizes for emulators on xbox then you could try looking here.

http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=screen

if you are looking for the best screensizes for emulators on xbox then you could try looking here.

http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=screen

Tutorials on that site have just an opposite effect than dam-soft requested. With these fancy instructions you can GET RID OF blurry screen, seen on the original arcade/console systems.

the screen settings on that site is more orientated towards getting the correct actual screen resolution of the original machines,the blurry screen is a quick fix by simply changing filters.

Tutorials on that site have just an opposite effect than dam-soft requested.

What are the best screen settings in CoinOPS to make XBOX screen look like arcade machine?

look again.

http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=coinops

the whole point is to get the correct screen aspect ratio and yes this gets rid of blurryness but also it gives you the correct pixelation=Looks like arcade machine.

correct pixelation=Looks like arcade machine.

Have you ever played an arcade game? ;)

The game screen was always streched to fill whole 4:3 TV regardless of the resolution, like + T + already stated above.

With fancy instructions you can finally GET RID OF the original blurry and distorted look seen on the original machines.

look again and yes it gives you the correct aspect ratio for arcade montors so=looks like arcade machine.

oh and to answer your question

Have you ever played an arcade game?

more than you could ever fucking imagine.