CoinOPS screen settings

dam-soft

So what's your point? If you want to display games in the aspect ratio they were actually drawn in use Cospefogo's guide. If you don't care, stretch the image to fit your screen.

Edit: That's @Dumbo, not you Fu.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's your point? If you want to display games in the aspect ratio they were actually drawn in use Cospefogo's guide. If you don't care, stretch the image to fit your screen.

who mines or the other guys?

edit/ah ok.

Sorry, we posted at the same time nearly. The point about the 4:3 screens in old machines isn't true in a lot of cases anyway. The CPS2 games for example were widescreen, so their machines had widescreen monitors.

it gives you the correct aspect ratio for arcade montors so=looks like arcade machine.

It gives you the native aspect ratio with doubled resolution for each game, so = It doesn't look anywhere near as how it looked on the arcade machines.

Have you ever seen arcade game with black bars usually left/right. I haven't.

native aspect ratio is the correct display for the game as a lot of these games were stretched out and it was not the true display so=looks like arcade machine.

as for your second question yes i have seen games with black bars left and right,on holiday in spain where they had arcade shooters like dodnpachi,super contra.....they should have tated those montitors.

Cospefogo is concerned with the image itself. Obviously unless your TV's resolution is the same as the game's native resolution, you're going to have black bars unless you stretch to fit. Cospefogo doesn't like to stretch to fit, coz it distorts the image. If you want the game to look exactly like it did in the arcade, you're gonna have to buy an original arcade cabinet of all the games you want.

The CPS2 games for example were widescreen, so their machines had widescreen monitors.

Even CPS2 machines had 4:3 monitors. You call that a widescreen?

only 3 or 4 cps2 games used 4/3 monitirs dimahoo,19xx...

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=795

when you look at the sheer amount of games available for the arcade hardware then yes i would call that widescreen.

Anybody have any thoughts on if my idea for a multi CoinOps XBE launcher would work? :D

there are other versions of coinops which had been hex-edited by another member which would launch certain games at their set resolution but it wasnt through the one interface.

it was all through different verions which had been hex edited like i said,so basically you would have multiple versions of coinops with different saves.