Dragon Age: Origins

Skythe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CEO of Bioware himself called it the spiritual successor to the Baldur's gate series, and the developers kept mentioning Baldur's Gate in their previews, hense me mentioning Baldur's Gate. It checks the box for slow, dull combat just like the Baldur's Gates. It looks very nice, but looks don't make a game fun.

Blabbering useless shit doesn't make a game fun or shitty either.

NEWS FLASH: It's not Baldur's Gate. Get over it Failures! The only thing BG and DAO have in common is that their medieval, FACT!

It checks the box for slow, dull combat just like the Baldur's Gates.

Play the game and shut up then you can talk about the game in any fashion and I might slightly believe you know anything. Maybe the CEO of Whofuckingcares should of put laser rifles and nuclear explosions to make you happy.

Erm, I have been playing it, which is why I commented on it in the first place. If Baldur's Gate had never existed I'd still say the combat is dull, and I have every right to compare it to previous games that Bioware have made, it's got enough similar elements to them. I didn't like the combat systems in Jade Empire or Knights of the Old Republic either; I suppose that's babbling useless shit too is it?

Dragon Age looks fine and is presented very well, but I just find the combat unsatisfying. Click enemies, watch your people slowly slug away at them until they die. Sure the tactical options are there and are relatively well implemented, but I prefer a faster paced hack and slash type system. Dragon Age’s combat might be more enjoyable on consoles, I don't know how different it is. I've enjoyed other recent medieval games more, like Oblivion and Dark Messiah, and I've enjoyed much older ones more too, such as Diablo and Daggerfall even. Like I said, I predict that when it comes out I'll enjoy Diablo III more too. It's almost as if I have an opinion.

So stop acting like a cunt just because someone doesn't agree 100% with you. You'd think you were part of the Bioware development team the way you're acting. Get the fuck over yourself.

It's almost as if I have an opinion.

you know that stuff don't fly in a Skythe thread, :blink: hahah.

I'm unimpressed all around with DA:O graphics look shit on 360. combat is click and wait. The story is the only thing thats saving it. and it's not doing all that great of a job. I'm having more fun with Torchlight on PC at the moment.

combat is click and wait.

That's exactly it. The animations are very well made though. Just looked up Torchlight, looks interesting. I'll have to try it.

Edited by The-Ice-Man

Opinions are overrated bullshit.

So stop acting like a cunt just because someone doesn't agree 100% with you.

Stop faggotizing my air just because you can't comprehend awesome shit.

graphics look shit

Who cares? Bitching/glorifying graphics is like checking the box of failure on life's application.

I tried fighting a dragon today. Hard shit right there.

opinions are overrated bullshit unless they are yours right?

you're a fucking moron. that's not opinion, it's fact.