CoinOPS IGNITE R3

BritneysPAIRS

they are around 2 or 3 of them that I know of at least 2 mentioned on this site...I never downloaded any of them but im sure they worked at the time pretty well.... dont think anyone uses them and they wont work correct with R3

PS I think you have big shock in the next 3 months skin wise(actually alot more than skin wise but visually it will be a totally different ball game)....... a very big shock :D its just a hint

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are around 2 or 3 of them that I know of at least 2 mentioned on this site...I never downloaded any of them but im sure they worked at the time pretty well.... dont think anyone uses them and they wont work correct with R3

PS I think you have big shock in the next 3 months skin wise....... a very big shock :D its just a hint

I have to be honest i havent the time nor the inclination to trawl through post's looking for CoinOps skins, which by the way, dont ever remember seeing anyway. A big shock in 3 months skin wise ! S*** yeah it wants to be OUT OF THIS WORLD if it takes 3 months work. 3 MONTHS TO WORK ON A SKIN !!! again 3 MONTHS. Now i understand you produce nice work, where as i, produce functional happy stuff (about 3 days, start to finish). You certainly have me intrigued as the last time there was a facelift all i saw was a new boot screen !! Good luck with that look forward to it. Now you know im a genuine fan of the emulator and your work. So keep up the good work BP.

You have no idea cba.gy :D no idea sorry..... it will effect your precious FBA alot as well :D . But ill give you all the hand to produce a skin but I know its pointless because of whats been happening for the last 3 months and yes it willl take 3 months more as I have to go on holiday for a bit with the GF. Most of my time is being spent on my proper build this is just little bug fixes and alike nothing major.

PS it took me about about 1 or 2 hour to produce a skin :D Anyone who has worked with me skinning/coding will realise how quickly I can punch this stuff out, it would be great to see a professional skin and your welcome to produce it, if you did it and I could tell you had skills I would for sure give you access to my next project.

Lets get 2 things straight,

1. FBA nor any other emulator are precious to me. They serve me a purpose. In my personal opinion, if they were stopped being worked on tomorrow, id sleep soundly.

2. You made a demand to see work, well, in your own admittion its not worth it, too many changes happening. I feel you dribble out these releases in order to maintain interest and keep traffic coming back. After all thats where the cash is. Right :D

Is the 3 month time frame so authors can finish their builds of emulators then you feel the attention will be passed to your "XBMC" version of an emulator with "cut files" or even a "XBMC" multi-emulator ? Or is it still work on CoinOps ?

In reply to your other comment.

Template based graphics are easy to place. Lets be honest youve been slaughtering the same old tat for quite a while now.

If i could produce a professional skin i wouldnt be wasting time playing with emulator graphics. i'd be in the real world earning a crust doing it wouldn't i ! Now im still being genuine when i say you do good stuff its just ... well ... bland !

I still love you anyway huneybunch. :D

just a warning take it or leave it...... :D

I release multiple versions as it means I can go forward... if I wait things move very slowly..... id say people want cut file support and have asked for the build otherwise id wait till after my holiday I have no issue waiting it saves me time.

Hi Trig,

I was talking to BP regarding mouse/trackball support in CoinOps R4 over at xbox-scene. He said you were the expert in this regard and told me to come here and talk to you. :P

As I said, I've been trying out trackball support, but without much luck. I have an X-Arcade trackball, as well as an optical mouse and I'm connecting them to the Xbox via a USB to Xbox cable. I've tried each in ports 1 &2 and then later in ports 3 & 4, per BP instructions. Unfortunately, the emulator doesn't seem to recognize either device in any port.

The one thing I did notice is that when I had the optical mouse plugged in and the game was loading, the mouse glowed red, but then, once the game loaded, it blinked a few times, and then turned off. I figure this at least proved that the link cable wasn't at fault...

Anyway, I'm not really sure how to trouble shoot this further, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Did USB joysticks already work using an adapter, because nothing I've should allow for this. Anyt USB mouse/trackball with up to five buttons should now work. A mouse wheel should work as the Y axis on the right analog as well.

yes USB supported mouse and USB joysticks would work now you would just have to keymap

Can someone PM me a link to the R3 release?

The version I'm using works fine, but may not be identical to the release version. Does your trackball work in XBMC? Do you still have a joystick connected to put in coins and start? Once you've started you can use the trackball in any port.

Edited by Trig

No, I tried it in XBMC and it did the same thing. As the Xbox booted, the mouse was glowing red, but when media center went "live" it flashed a few times and turned off. This was in port 1 though. I don't know if that matters.

I did have the joystick in and put coins in and started the game.

Maybe my mouse and/or X-Arcade trackball isn't supported? The mouse I'm using is an Apple Optical. I think I read that was supported, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

The version I'm using works fine, but may not be identical to the release version. Does your trackball work in XBMC? Do you still have a joystick connected to put in coins and start? Once you've started you can use the trackball in any port.

Well, I found the link to R3. I should have just used google rather than asking anyway.

It works just fine on my setup (port 1 = joy, port 2 = joy, port 3 = light gun, port 4 = x-arcade trackball). I just tested with centipede, millipede, and 1941. If you're not getting a mouse pointer in XBMC when you move your mouse I'd say there's something wrong at the hardware level. Because you've tested two mice I'd say its your adapter.

This one is similar to mine

Is there anyone else running R3 with a usb adapter that can try things out?

No, I tried it in XBMC and it did the same thing. As the Xbox booted, the mouse was glowing red, but when media center went "live" it flashed a few times and turned off. This was in port 1 though. I don't know if that matters.

I did have the joystick in and put coins in and started the game.

Maybe my mouse and/or X-Arcade trackball isn't supported? The mouse I'm using is an Apple Optical. I think I read that was supported, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!