wolverine origins

he is for the 15 minutes he is able to talk.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets Baraka blades on his arms, shoots lasers out of his eyes and can teleport without a device.

Nuh uh! Tell me your lying!

he is for the 15 minutes he is able to talk.

Ok then... I was wondering how that woulda worked. Guess I took his description too literally.

Belth, to answer your question.

A good writer costs more then a average writer.

If both writers bring in the same amount of $$$, then why hire the good one that adds less profit?

Terminology is rather washy there. A workprint it may be, but that wasn't my point, you're arguing semantics for the hell of it.

I wasn't arguing about anything. I was stating that it was a workprint because the quality difference between that and a proper screener is usually very significant!

As for DVD rips, some films are mislabelled as such, eg a very good screener passed off as a DVD rip. In proper usage they should only ever refer to a copy of a retail DVD.

Belth, to answer your question.

A good writer costs more then a average writer.

If both writers bring in the same amount of $$$, then why hire the good one that adds less profit?

I never had a question like that. Rather... when I ask why do they have to flock everything up, its rethorical. I know all too well why everything sucks, perople are more concerned about money, than a perfect product.

I had an argument before. I was working at a Subway, and when it comes to subs, I am the master. It may sound silly, but my subs actually are better. I could literally write 6 or more large paragraphs in instructions or guidelines on bread baking, condoment placement, meat & vegtable, best oil/vinegar ratio (70/30) not the 50/50 Subway regulations. There are ALOT of little things that I do that add up to a great sandwitch.

So anyway, I had this new boss, and she thought herself pretty quick. She would be on the line with me during the Christmas shopping fest at the food court I just got a job at. So it was non stop for 8 hours. We did very well, prep and everything. Lots of extra stuff, we never ran out. We were on top of everything... never even ran out of ANY type of bread.

So there she is, going at lightning pace starting off the sandwiches. Adding meat and cheese to the bread. She would go so fast though, her sandwiches were jacked. Meatballs all unevenly placed, with a bite of bread at one end. Roast beef or whatever not well layed. She always suggested, "American cheese?" I hate that, one because American cheese sucks ass, and two, american cheese sticks to itself and is the more tedious of cheeses to work with. Anyway, id get the sandwich... all jacked up, and id fix it before id ask the customer what they wanted on it. I could her her sigh or "pffft" at the site of me doing this... every time.

I wasted no time really... The register girl couldnt keep up with us anyway, so no one waited on me to finish. Id ask her to try to make it neater... instead of going faster... which was obviousally unecessary. We would get into arguments about it, she saying the customer doesnt care... they are hungry and they are already going to eat our food. Id remark that we are too fast anyway, (we really were fast) and we might as well make awesome sandwiches in the process. She once told me she could never go into buisness with me as I don't understand how a buisness works.

I completely disagree... I made awesome sandwiches... and very efficiently. I am a talker, so as I construct a sandwich, Id talk to my customer about whatever... if they are so inclined. (regulars) I got tips and everything daily (the previous Subway I worked at) Id get repeat customers allways. I even had a few that would request me to make their sandwiched over whoever greeted them. I made a clientell through my effort, and thats the side of buisness I want to attain. Id rather be proud that my sandwiches kick ass.

That is how the world works, and it is unfortunate. The same can be said for videogames. How many truly good games are there? I know it's opinion based, but honestly, what is the ratio of good vs bad games. Movies, food, every/any type of buisness.

--------------------------------------

But as for the writer here... Its not all his fault. There are ALOT of people responsible for jacked up plot points or plot devices. Retarded scripts. The studio for one... producers & directors to name more. It went through alot of hands... and they are all stained... heh

I'd actually just blame the writer(2). Everything starts with him/her/them. Then we start hating down the line naturally, such as bad photography, terrible sound, sometimes actors can do what they do but completely fail because of terrible writing.

OKay enough! Spare me the "cash cow" excuse Betlha, these guys screw things up cuz they dont know shiz about what the people want and they strive SOOO HARD to upgrade everything to a "realistic" sense.

If it was all about money they would go with the normal format like how the fans have been begging for ever since SPiderman 1! First off... EVERYONE KNOWS SPIDERMAN! I dun care who u r, u either heard of him or saw him or at least know a piece of his origin, xmen kinda da same but still everyone knows that guy who shoots beams and the "claw-guy" wearing spandex! By pasting thier name and a cool trailer, you already got your money, but no one wants come across corny. And i admit im not sure how i would of reacted to wolverine wearing his yellow/blue outfit in real life... im sure it may of raised an eyebrow but okay, the problem is they take the revamping too far for realism and bam! Welcome to Hollywood!

Even in dragon ball Evo the director said himself that they made bulma hair brown since blue hair would be too unrealistic. Its about a alien boy who;s able to shoot energy from his hands in a world where u can carry vehicles in a capsule..... what reality are you looking for!?!??! THe thing is since it has a comic name, the fans will see it and those who heard of it will see it as well. The box office doesn't care if you didnt like, as long as you paid that ticket. SUre they care about money, but they still try to reverb everything to "now".

I dont go to movies to see reality, THAT SHI** IS OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Well I'm not sure where your going on that one Shoma, in reguards to me. The reason things suck... ultimately, is some asshats concept of someone elses material is stretched out of the creators, and into the hands of money hungry dummies. It is ultimately crap, because they do try to normalize everything... but in their own preconcepts. They try and make something as appealing to the masses as possible. So more people buy into it and bring their hard earned money.

Also though... I have to admit, I'm a very tough critic. I have my opinions, but... I ultamately know what is good/bad news. Hulk dramma... bad news. The whole Venom thing... that was a debocle. Appearently someone didnt want to do a forth, so they jammed in 2 movie plots into one, and screwed both of them in the process. But what are you gonna do.

Shoma... you appraisal of this "not knowing what people want" is most similar to the fact, that they are trying to make something pallateable for the broadest demographic. So in that light... it is the same as the "cash cow" agitive you used to describe my rantings. More of the same...

And as for Wizard... I believe the writers don't hold all the blame. They often have to follow a story board of events. Or basically write something AROUND what the "powers that be" want. Look at Jar Jar Binks... that was Lucas making the talent come up with some silly plot device (or equivalent for characters) that would be fooled by palpitene, and add commic relief throught the movie. Which failed... Sure the creators should be shot... but lucas should be drawn and quartered for requesting such a horable thing! But yea... once it smells of failure... you are right, then the hateing begins... har

i havent seen it yet, isnt Ryan Renoylds deadpool? i always thought he would be a good fit to play the merc with a mouth

Maskless, deformless and still out of character.

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2009/03/new-d...s-from-new.html

The top picture is Ryan as Wade Wilson and the bottom ones are of Deadpool/Weapon XI.

i havent seen it yet, isnt Ryan Renoylds deadpool? i always thought he would be a good fit to play the merc with a mouth

Maskless, deformless and still out of character.

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2009/03/new-d...s-from-new.html

The top picture is Ryan as Wade Wilson and the bottom ones are of Deadpool/Weapon XI.

wow, im not going to even watch that crap!

funny thing is on yahoo news earlier they had a article about how fans are just not watching that piece of shet movie, i will be joining that bandwagon after looking at those pix of deadpool

(if anything, they should have left him be undeformed and just save the rest for a spinoff, but now we wont be having that, and im still shocked that it could also be bad casting, R.R could have been a great deadpool if done right,i could see him playing the same character in waiting but wearing the mask, lol!)

Ok Ok I'm not going to get into a debatable topic of who sucks more but I will say this:

The X-Men movies depressed me as I'm an avid fan of the comics. Jackman did a great job as wolverine as did most of the top celebs that were in it. Although I desperately wanted to strangle the writers for making Rogue such a sissy in all 3. She didn't do ANTYHING productive. She was my favorite and kicked major ass in the comics and cartoons.

The 1st Hulk movie made me really angry...and you don't want to make me angry. It was just flat out....gheyyy.

I almost cried with joy when I watched Iron Man. The cast was great and the script was pretty damn good considering how it has to be hollywood-inized (my own word). The reason for this: MARVEL. They now have a real studio as you all know. I sincerely believe that Marvel should take over everything and do it right this time.

Another thing..that Topher Grace guy who played Venom should stick to his 70's show colleagues and cute romance comedy movies. He has no room for action packed movies. In reality, he would be split in two with just my pinkie.