I've Locked up my SNES emulator!

Emu Newbie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW it is error 21

I tried to warn you about messing with those system files! Now will need to do what I suggested in the first place - go grab some sort of auto-installer that will do it all for you. Not to mention it's going to need softmodded again before you can do anything.

Yea I know I messed up. I was able to run a real xbox game...should I try the AID disk now?

can you also run your baed disc?just to make sure it can still run unsigned code.

if so i will pm you links and instuctions for aid.

No the BAED doesn't work. This stinks cause I bought this xbox b/c I didn't want to actually fool w/ the initial soft modding itself. I hope I can contact the guy I bought it from and see if he will re-softmod it.

Is there anyway that I will be able to keep some of the files that I added to the xbox's hard drive?

Thanks for all the help.

No the BAED doesn't work. This stinks cause I bought this xbox b/c I didn't want to actually fool w/ the initial soft modding itself. I hope I can contact the guy I bought it from and see if he will re-softmod it.

Is there anyway that I will be able to keep some of the files that I added to the xbox's hard drive?

Thanks for all the help.

If the guy knows what he is doing then you should only lose what was on your C drive, with any luck.

Thanks for all the help.

if the hdd has been formatted then it is possible sofmods to just choose to install a main dash as there are videos on youtube and you get several different options especially when the splinter cell/mech assault hack is used.

edit/there is also a thing called cold booting i have read that if you turn on your xbox with the eject button and keep it held in for 10ses that the original ms dash shows.

wouldnt do any harm to try.

cold booting is usually for playing on xbox live basically it turns off your softmod and to turn it back on again you press the start button and eject button at the same time and keep it held in for 10secs.

Hell just send it to me, and as long as it's not a 1.6 I'll TSOP flash that biatch for free.

If you're interested, get the date off the sticker on the bottom of the Xbox and I can tell you it's version.

With a TSOP flash, and your HDKEY backed up, you can do whatever the hell you want with it, you don't even need to have the original MS Dash installed or even anything on your C drive at all if you wanted.

I've repaired bastardized Dreamcasts for users here, and other things. I own 3 modded Xbox's, so I have no use in scamming you. Genuine offer simply because I love electronics, and I'm always bored!

well it is a 1.6 xbox! Thank you so much for the offer, you are very generous. Luckily I was able to get in contact w/ the guy i bought the xbox from. I'll let you know if something comes up though. Thanks again to everyone that has helped. This is really a great community you guys have here at 1emulation. Thanks again. I'll keep you all updated.

Ben

if you are stuck i will send you an email with instructions on how to fix it safely with a small download and an any original game if it will boot one. Any model of xbox.

ps dont let anyone bullsh$$ you it cant be mended, it can as long as it will boot an original game. The MS dash hasnt necessary dissapeared either, trust me.

Edited by cba.gy