I've Locked up my SNES emulator!

Emu Newbie

Alrighty, I don't think my guy is gonna pull through. I tried the cold boot thing and it didn't really work (the screen went black and nothing happened, the first time). After that, I just didn't do anything (it went to the error screen as normal). Could you post some links to those specific youtube videos you were referring to?

I found one youtube video, and it involves actually taking the xbox a part (which I do not want to do).

If worse comes to worse, I may just have to get a copy of splinter cell and all the action replay stuff.

Is there anyone willing to ship me their memory card w/ the linux os on it (or at least sell it to me). I just want to reflash this thing I'll be done w/ the card. Thanks.

Ben

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS!!!! I put in a newer game and told the xbox to do an update so that I could play on xbox live. After the update was finished I turned off the xbox and turned it back on. Now I can boot to the M$ xbox dash!!!!! Now what do i do? I tryied to access the xbox through ftp, but this didn't do anything.

Now it needs modding again. "IF" you do enough reading, you have lots of options. The "FREE" and safe-ish way involves taking it apart, and use "NDURE'S Softmod 3.1" for any model of xbox. Which again is easy and a good tutorial exists, its always worked for me. You want to avoid that right ! You may have to buy or borrow a memory card for the gamesave exploit however that requires certain original games that are getting rare now. What ever you decide, read and understand every part of it "at least" a few times. Measure twice, cut once. Right !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS!!!! I put in a newer game and told the xbox to do an update so that I could play on xbox live. After the update was finished I turned off the xbox and turned it back on. Now I can boot to the M$ xbox dash!!!!! Now what do i do? I tryied to access the xbox through ftp, but this didn't do anything.

I've used the 'hotswap' method dozens of times to gain access to the Xbox HDD and then ran the Ndure installer to softmod it. It does carry a risk if you don't do it right though. If you aren't completely comfortable with it then I'd pass it off to someone who knows what they're doing :)

heres a vid of how to softmod your xbox with the agent under fire version hack.in the info there is a step by step tutorial as well.

you can go on ebay and people sell xbox softmod kits with the actual hackd save on a memory card and the game you need.

I just had an idea. Since the guy I bought this from did the soft mod w/ splinter cell. Could I just buy splinter cell, then go to load then load the files that I found on my harddrive that are splinter cell related (presumably the ones that he transferred from his action replay card to my xbox)?

there should be 2 saves shouldnt there,the installer save anyway.

if both saves are there then i dont see why not,one thing you need to make sure make sure its the original game release and not the one that has platinum hits down the side or whatever.

i think if both saves are there then it could work but wait and see what everyone else thinks.also make sure and backup your eeprom when you start running the softmod.

I found the linux profille save under splinter cell (there were two others a long w/ that one). I also found SID 5 installer saved on my hdd. I guess I'm gonna search for the original splinter cell at local gamestop. I'm glad the guy actually moved the files from the memory card to the hdd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Ben

I found the linux profille save under splinter cell (there were two others a long w/ that one). I also found SID 5 installer saved on my hdd. I guess I'm gonna search for the original splinter cell at local gamestop. I'm glad the guy actually moved the files from the memory card to the hdd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Ben

just remember the most important thing when it asks you to back up your eeprom then BACK IT UP! :-)

its basically your xbox bios.

when you start performing your softmod there is an option to bak it up,click yes coz the amount of people that dont do this you wouldnt believe.so if anything goes wrong with your xbox then you will have the eeprom backed up just in case.