CoinOps Ignite LightGun Games

cba.gy

Rather than clogging up other topics i decided to post this list of workig LightGun roms that work with a LightGun and not a pad. Due to the way the service menu's work i put a pad in port 1 for admin and the LightGun in port 2.

Alien 3 The Gun

Bang

Beast Busters

EggVenture DX

Gun Buster

Lethal Justice

NY Captor (Gun in port 1 only)

One Shot Kill

Operation Wolf (Gun in port 1 only)

Operation Thunderbolt

Police Trainer

SharpShooter

SpaceGun

Terminator 2

Tickee Tackats

Under Fire

Zero Point

Zero Point 2

Zombie Raid

Added some older roms that only play from port 1

Catch-22 (Gun in port 1 only)

Cheyenne (Gun in port 1 only)

Chiller (Gun in port 1 only)

Clay Pigeon (Gun in port 1 only)

Combat (Gun in port 1 only)

CrackShot (Gun in port 1 only)

Crossbow (Gun in port 1 only)

Triple Hunt (Gun in port 1 only)

Turkey Shoot (Gun in port 1 only)

WhoDunnit (Gun in port 1 only)

Now all the other roms listed in the catver.ini are either bad dumps, missing roms or dont work.

There are some crackers out there that need looking at as they only have calibration issues.

Only tried a few so far but here they are.

Golly Ghost

Jurassic Park

Operation Wolf 3

Locked n Loaded

Steel Gunner 1 + 2

+ Many More

Edited by cba.gy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More old school games added today.

The guns i used to have were the Berrettas ( very high quality )

Now i have the LCD TopGun from EMS ( Berretta rip off )

tried a few diffrenrt preconfiguered nvram's for Jurassic Park and Op Wolf 3. They work perfect if you are using a d-pad on the joypad, the analogue control on the joypad is screwy still and the lightgun's donrt seem to be affected by this fix either which i didnt expect anyway. Using in game calibration on a widescreen tv the top right should map 0, 0 and the bottom left maps 510 ,510. Now i thought i was in 720p but it must be in 576 or there abouts ?

tried a few diffrenrt preconfiguered nvram's for Jurassic Park and Op Wolf 3. They work perfect if you are using a d-pad on the joypad, the analogue control on the joypad is screwy still and the lightgun's donrt seem to be affected by this fix either which i didnt expect anyway. Using in game calibration on a widescreen tv the top right should map 0, 0 and the bottom left maps 510 ,510. Now i thought i was in 720p but it must be in 576 or there abouts ?

The original screen size must be 510x510. Remember the game is emulated, if the original screen size had been 320x240 it would have been shown those values in the calibration menu, even if you play it in 1080x720. (The emulator resizes the game but the game can't "know" it)

F.A.O. stf. Tried Steel Gunner 1 + 2 as you requested in an earlier PM the other day. Both track well enough and will fire at the onscreen target reticle in game. You stated it would only fire to the center of the screen, i seem to remember that being the case with other xbox mame variants a while back, well i dont seem to have that problem. However the further from the right of the screen the further the calibration is out up to 3 inches by the time the reticle/crosshair reaches the left side of the screen. As ive posted in another topic i dont think the emulator calibration screen is working right as it has no top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right targets to calibrate. Then no further button press to save config, i just press B to exit calibration screen. Any ideas ?

if the source for mameox128 plus was released then the gun callibration would have been better on ignite but the only sourcecode that i could find was mameox0.843b and thats whats in coinops ignite.

if i remember hk$ fixed some of the lightgun source in mame128.

just tried Lethal Enforcers 2 and as with jpark opwolf3 the d-pad has to be used to play. Although its playable with the d-pad, especially for those without a lightgun. Servise screen calibration only allows player 1 the top left triangle of the screen and player 2 the bottom right triangle of the screen.It kinda loses something. Its like playing a modern racing game but having to use buttons to steer left or right, just no feel or soul, looses its interaction kinda a step backwards !

Solved bad calibration issue with Ignite calibration screen. Download, install Mameox 128. Calibrate your gun in its calibration screen (no roms required ). Follow onscreen instructions, B to exit. Close emulator. Use an xbox file browser or ftp in from a pc and go to TDATA 4d414d5 and copy the file Lightgun(numbers).dat. Browse to babeface directory in TDATA it will have a LightGun_000000000000.dat already there which needs deleting as they likely have different numbering. Just copy the new gun.dat in and remember to re-name it LightGun_000000000000.dat . If you calibrate within the Ignite UI you will prbably overwrite you mapped co-ordinates.

Edited by cba.gy

• 2 weeks later...