So I came to a decision earlier....

ken_cinder

I've got 2 32" HDTVs, some of you may recall my daughter broke 1 of them last year......it still works, it just has some broken crystal at the top.

My brother in law is using that, and I have my new Samsung series 4 in the living room.

The Samsung I bought, seems to serve no purpose beyond being a display for Treehouse for my 3 year old daughter. WTF you say? WTF I say.

I just re-arranged my office yesterday, setting everything up so I could position my 5.1 speaker setup for perfect sound, and I got to thinking earlier, what good is all this with an old 21" CRT?

I love CRTs for their color reproduction and black levels etc etc, but I have a 32" HDTV downstairs that doesn't see much use for what I REALLY bought it for, my games.

Guess where the HDTV is going........

I've always wanted to hook my computer up to it, now I can do that AND have all my consoles in my office......my den......my cave where all others GTFO! lol

I was playing Half Life 2 again last night with my new office arangement, and I was awed at just how much better everything sounded, and I couldn't help but think "I need a big ass display to match this audio".

I take pics of how awesome it must be, only you must ignore my pink office.......I didn't paint it, was that color when I bought the house lol

I've been wanting to hook my PC to my 42" tv as well. but it is our only TV and sees a lot of use. so it wouldn't be practical right now....

I have my old 27" SDTV in the bedroom, it will be coming back down to take the HDTVs place.

I just noticed one problem with my plans, I no longer have a VGA cable to do this with. I cut the one I had in half to make 2 cables for my Versus City cabinet to hook up to the computer I use in it. Sux.....I'll have to wait.

I'm going to go look through my box-o-parts and see if I have enough RCA cables to hook it up via the component video adapter that came with my video cards for the time being, but I get the feeling I don't. May have to cannibalize a couple cables I already have stuff hooked up with down here (I have 6 consoles hooked up, audio out to my stereo, a digi cable box, vcr........fawking mess)

I hooked it up via component, I need to buy another VGA cable. Looks ok, but I know it will look crisper with VGA. (Component is color difference if you aren't aware, RB+Difference=green, whereas VGA is straight color signals)

I can't find my camera since I took my daughter to the nighttime light up Santa Claus parade though. :thumbsup1:

Found it.

hpim1789og2.th.jpg

That's my printer buried alive under paperwork on the right, and my rear speakers are too far back to see mounted on the walls.

My daughter agrees, I need a couch or futon in here on the back wall for watching movies/tv.

It's actually a corner desk, but given the layout of the room with a 5.1 speaker setup....it doesn't work well. The difference in sound after moving the desk and setting my speakers up in line with the desk is astounding.

I don't know if it's sold anywhere in the US, but this is the desk, so you can see if you can find it somewhere. http://www.zellers.com/stores/shop/product...421377/52421377

I paid around $100 when I bought it, I think it's cheaper in store regardless but I got it on an office furniture sale too. It's MDF, but heavy stuff, not the light density stuff you find in most of the really cheap desks........like my old one, that I smashed a bolt through the top of when I dropped something on it.

Found it.

hpim1789og2.th.jpg

That's my printer buried alive under paperwork on the right, and my rear speakers are too far back to see mounted on the walls.

My daughter agrees, I need a couch or futon in here on the back wall for watching movies/tv.

Wow! That is an absolutely beautiful set up!

Got a few questions ...

How stable is the stand for the TV? Does the TV shake at all when you type or print? I love how you got the XBOX and PS2 sitting on the desk as well. Are they connected through composite cables to the back of the TV? It's a shame your desk doesn't have any drawers though. Does your house collect a lot of dust? That's the only thing I see that may bother me with the set up and that I can see myself cleaning the top of the PS2, XBOX, and controllers frequently.

Last thing -- are you using these speakers? -> http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-X-530-5-1-S...m/dp/B0002WPSCG

Oh many I put my pc on my 52" hdtv and I felt like dying at how amazing it looked with s-video to component cables blue green red and it just looked sooo nice and with 7.1 surround sound omg i was shitting myself lol now I always have my pc in the living room and when no ones watching i plug it into my tv and when someone is watching it i put it on my monitor only until christmas when I get my 42" for in my room <3