I'm burned out

Inky

I just can't get into any of the games I have, I think I am over stimulated. I've been playing every new release on the 360 for over a year now. most I just play once or twice and then forget about em, on to the next one. I'll find some fault with them and thats it, I won't tolerate that game anymore. hell I have games that have been on my hard drive for almost a month that I haven't even burned yet. when I am sitting around bored I'll grab my guitar 9 times out of 10. I have a wii and PSP that haven't been turned on in months.

now some might say its because I am not paying for the games so I don't appreciate them. but I did the same thing with the OG xbox and PS2. both were modded and I never bought games for them but I never had this problem. I think that in general games just aren't that good these days. or I am getting burned out on gaming.

I find my self doing the same thing with music and movies lately. I have a Ipod filled to the brim that I never listen to. just tonight I've started to watch 3 movies and lost interest within 20 minutes. the new TV season started tonight, when I get home in the morning my DVR will be filled with all the season premiers of some of my favorite shows, But I'm not even interested in watching them when I get home. I'll prolly have to wait and be forced to watch them by my wife...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the same way. I can't play a game for more than 30 minutes. I've had a movie from Netflix for 3 months and didn't watch it because every time I did I stopped it like 30 minutes it and it's a great movie too. I just returned it yesterday because I had to get my queue moving.

I'm getting burned out on school too.

I think I'm going to start exercising a lot more soon. My body feels like it's shutting down on me. My hair is thinning a crap LOAD. You can see my scalp through my hair now so I hope some good old fashioned exercise will help slow, stop, or even reverse it (I doubt it but I can dream).

I have no energy. I slept from 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM and then from 1:00 AM to 9:00 AM yesterday and I'm still exhausted. I had a test yesterday so I could afford to waste time sleeping.

I have no focus when I study anymore either.

This sucks.

Potassium deficiency or something it makes you feel tired and restless, I forgot the name of it but my health teacher said a lot of female Americans suffer from it (not meant to come off as an insult if you think so, just saying men can have it too).

Soul?

:D

Hey Gryph I feel you on the need for exercise.

I go jogging at least ohhhh three times a week its the best thing I ever did for my self.

I mostly run round the park swinging my fists about claiming all my ex-girls are sluts. I feel pretty good when I'm done. ;)

Men... I have the answer... Ill say a few aspects or possibilities, but they will stem from the same place, so I will do my best to address the source. The core of the problem.

First off, everyone is different. Different values, hopes, interests... etc. So please just try to apply what I am trying to convey. Also... I am not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, so please forgive me if I explain myself improperly.

And lastly... I will make a summary at the bottom for anyone who does not feel like reading all of this. I think I might just make "crushing walls of text"

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok... I had this several times before. Media is often my ZEN. I get to distract my conscious mind, while I think about things freely and not have to worry about anything. I get to deal with things at my own pace, while having a fun distraction. But I too have been burnt out. Gryph also states getting burnt out on school. It's kinda similar when you are dating someone. There are times... when the "newness" wears off. You get to see them for everything... They begin to let down their guard... and you see them for who they are (at the moment ) I have seen plenty of mirages fail because they married too soon, and then they fall. After the newness wore off, they just had issues they couldn't (didn't) overcome.

It's about perspective. How you view the world. More accurately... how you feel about everything. Now... one cannot just change how they feel. I can't just change what I like. I can't say... "hey... I think i'll start becoming attracted to uber skinny girls." It just isn't possible. But... If you take a step back sometimes, and think about why and when and how you think about things. How you perceive= Value + self programming + Situational happenings (monetary/social/private/health[mental & physical])... Timing plays a part as well.

I had this guy who said he was kinda bummed out. He was in school, and had to work, and had little time to spend with his girl. He said things just weren't worth it. His perspective... in my view... was uncalibrated. He had things, that he unintentionally taken for granted. I have done the same thing... we all have. But I said to him... "You have a roof over your head, you have a car, you are in school- so you are trying to better yourself, you have a girl that adores you... and you lover her very much too, you are doing what needs to be done financially, as in you need income, so you took this job." (we met at my last job) Then I told him alittle more about myself. "I have been homeless. I once slept in my car in the nearby Hospital parking lot... with it packed with all my belongings. I also once slept in the mall parkinglot, and once in a bathroom at a pool at some apartment complex. I have gone to bed starving. I lost so much weight and was malnourished. I had been taken advantage of by previous girlfriends, that stomped my heart into the ground." I said more that all of this, but those are the key points. I told him to look at what he had, and look at what can happen. Look at what happened to me.

It was more personal and catered to his understandings, so it was more profound and meant alot more to him. A few days later his spirits were higher... he saw things differently.

But sometimes... epiphany like this just don't stick. I can motivate others, but all to often, and I am no exception at all, people/I loose sight of the mindset I/they helped them/me to. It boils down to desire. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. One cannot be forced. One must find their own truths. For change... one must look within themselves and find the issue. They then must take effort to change what it is that is holding them back, or whatever aspect of themselves that they do not like.

Burning out, Is a sign of depression. Nothing means anything anymore. You loose sight of why you are doing the things you must do... school/work. You aren't happy with the things you used to enjoy. You often find you are unfocused. Your energy level is diminished. Often you sleep too long, but you never feel rested.

I know Inky... you were addressing being burned out... but these things just seem to go hand and hand. But what I bring up now, might just help.

Sometimes our lives become stagnant. What I mean, is you have set routines you seldom stray from. Often we find oursleves doing what is easy... as opposed to getting a touch of change. Doing something outside of the norm. Robert said vacation... but the meat of that idea is breaking the norm.

Gryph brought up an excellent idea. Exercise. Everyone... do you challenge you body? Do you work out, or jog, or practice martial arts regularly... Something anything on a regular basis? I say to all of you... and myself... get in shape... Exercise. First off, when you begin to tire yourself out physically, you release stress and tension. All the negative energy is spent. I knew a guy who hit a wall in his sales. He couldn't sell for sh!t. Keep in mind he was an ace. He sold 5 star time shares... that is the top of the line in terms of salesmanship. He was no joke. But he couldn't sell any anymore. He would go over all the material, and reviewed his patterns, octaves, emotional content, body language, everything imaginable. He was still failing and he didn't understand it. His boss told him to go run. Go run and use up all the negative energy. That of course was what was fueling him at that time. He had a problem, but couldn't figure it out. But he ran. He ran his ass off, and released all the tension and bad energy contained within him. The very next day he sold like 200+% more than his average. He was siked. The run did it.

But also just as important as releasing tension... is the endorphins your body creates when you exercise. I used to be in shape. I was a lead out at the Dog Track. I ran all day and all night. Leading those Greyhounds back to their handlers. I was sooo in shape. I felt so great. But now when I run... I'm winded after 100 feet and cant catch my breath for a few min. I feel so taxed and physically unmotivated after I exert myself. I forgot what it feels like to be in shape. A few years back I had a punching bag. The very first day I wailed on it for over 3 hours... I'm not even exaggerating. Sweat literally LITERALLY pouring off my face. The next day wasnt much over 1.5 hours... and the same for the next day. After the third day... I felt AMAZING!!! I had to tell my boss all about it. How I felt like I could jump over the isles, how I felt I could wrestle a bull to the ground, how amazing I felt. Of course jumping and wrestling wasn't possible... But it sure felt like I could. My mind was sharpened and I felt.... clean. Better than I had in years. I'm telling you... Either start something to your liking... OR GET A PUNCHING BAG!!!! Either way... get exercise regularly. I GUARANTEE results.

Another thing is going out of the norm. Do something special every so often. Treat yourself or that special someone. Sure you may not really feel like going out and doing anything... but you need to try. Exercise is something... go walking... but if you keep to your routines, but nothing is fun anymore... the only logical answer is DO SOMETHING ELSE! It's just true. Go to a nearby fair... if available. Go to a themepark... Adrenaline works wonders for this issue at hand. Go cart riding... Works best if done as a date or with the kids... otherwise it's just too lame. Go to Medieval Times... If you might like that kinda thing. Go Run over a clown. Kick a midget in the face. Find something to do. There is a place here... that offers an indoor rockwall to climb. That would be fun... if you don't already do that... The list is endless... find something.

Here in Orlando... we got this slingshot ride...

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">That guy on the left... he really got to release energy. Quite ridiculous

If ever you want to go on a vacation... and you consider Orlando... HIT ME UP!!! I will help plan the events. Watching a few things on youtube made me want to go out there and do something myself...

Ok... I am done.

--------------------------------------------------------

#1 Exercise/ release stress & get those endorphins flowing

#2 Go out and do something outside the norm... somewhat regularly. Enough to break up the monotony

#3 repeat steps one and two

See emsley's got my back on this

Hey Gryph I feel you on the need for exercise.

I go jogging at least ohhhh three times a week its the best thing I ever did for my self.

I mostly run round the park swinging my fists about claiming all my ex-girls are sluts. I feel pretty good when I'm done.

On top of this

I think that in general games just aren't that good these days.

This statement Inky... is very true. Games are just being made to fill some smucks pocket book, as opposed to creating a great gaming experience. It is very sad... When I get more fun from Dragon Quest VI than I do with the new hotness.

Edited by Belthasar