The 1Emulation Podcast To-Do List!

Alpha

Okay guys, it's time to get some sh!t done. We've been talking about doing an official 1Emulation podcast since last year. Sure, there have been live radio shows, but never a true podcast. If we do this right, we have the potential of creating a truly entertaining and enjoyable podcast that people will love to listen.

What we need first is a list of people willing to be hosts on our first official podcast.

Do you want be a host? Let us know in this thread. Do you want to be a guest? Let us know too.

Also, how should the podcast be? Do you have suggestions as to the people we should invite on the show as guests? How about the format of the podcast? We already have the client we will be using to interact in the podcast and software to properly record it and later edit it.

What topics should we discuss for the podcast? Should it only be gaming or should we perhaps even add off-topic material, such as "love and relationships"?

Let us know. We're going to do it.

Ok, i live in the Stone Age. What is a podcast?

Best explanation I found: http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/230/what-is-a-podcast/

OR

"According to the New Oxford American Dictionary, a podcast is "a digital recording of a radio broadcast or similar program, made available on the Internet for downloading to a personal audio player," but the generally accepted definition has expanded to include video as well as audio. Originally derived from a combination of "broadcasting" and "iPod ™," the word was declared "word of the year" when it was added to the dictionary at the end of 2005. "

Source: http://www.bbn.com/utility/glossary/p

I think a main focus on gaming and emulation would be best, since that's what this site is all about, but there will still be room for Fatal's love and relationship advice and whatnot.

I'll take up mantle as the host again. File formats don't matter, mp3 is still widely used, and I'd stick to it. Copyrighted music, well F that. If you got a live version of popular songs that aren't from an officially released album, your good. It falls under the fair use act. Editing is simple, and can be easily done with any audio editor program. GC, stick to strictly producing it (well, lack of producing, your job is just to keep everyone on track, not edit the whole thing). Run times don't matter, you can edit whole segments if you want, or even cut out all the silence.