How do you guys "PLAY" a Arcade game on Mameox and FBA-XXX?

Cospefogo

Gentlemen,

I was SICK of playing arcade games with INFINITE COINS in the past (on PC emus),

because you can very easily lose the interest on a game, as best as it could be, if

you play with no care at all (aka infinite lives, energy, etc.).. so...

I am just curious to see how you guys play - I mean - what is your

"philosophy" while gaming? This is mine (and I follow it like a religion!)

For some arcade games on Mameox and FBA-XXX:

- I set the games on the EASY mode (for general games) or LEVEL2 (for Neo-Geo)

- I turn off the CONTINUES

- I absolutely use just ONE COIN to see how far I can go with it

- Doing that I feel myself really playing to beat the game, to win the bosses, to learn the tricks, to master the thing

Why I set the difficult on EASY?

Because I don't have much time to play everyday and my collection of titles I really wish

to play someday is huge - so there is no time to lose - things should move faster.

Also, there are few other games that I do the following:

- Easy mode

- 3 coins (never more) for 3 continues - to make the game operate on a similar way like the good old titles

from Sega Genesis, NES and Snes where we used to play only with three continues.

And, for games where the SCORE DOES NOT RESET in the continue:

- ONE COIN ever, if I lose, I stop playing

That's it!

And you, friends?

Any comments?

Well I guess it's better to use Easy and no continues than to use the default difficulty and credit feed. Personally I use 1 credit only as I find I improve much quicker that way. The only ones I ever credit-fed were a few older games I played as a kid and never beat, just to see the ending.

if its a game i have not played yet i will put in 9 coins and see how far i can get usually though i put in 1 credit and see how far i can get.i havent played mslug2 super vehicle in some time but i used to be able to get to thru the end of the exploding zombie lvl (the one with the submarine boss) with just one coin.yeah i used to play mslug alot

depending on the game then i will ususally just use 1 credit.games like mortal kombat and the streetfighter2and3 games i usually credit feed.if its a platformer or a shooter then 1 credit at a time just for the learning curve.

I just play the damn game, when I get sick of it so be it. I see no reason to limit my plays for some artificial arcade feel. I leave the difficulty on the factory settings.

I leave all settings on the default and start a new game with 5 credits, which would be the usual spend at an arcade on a new game.

Thereafter, unless it is a shooter, I use my own discretion, but never feed more than 5 credits in a single session.

For Neogeo, i use the AES bios to have only five credits and try to finish the game like that (especially Metal Slug stuff) :P

Whoa!

Is there a way to set the BIOS like that, for all games?

I always thought how nice could be to have some kind of configuration for the maximum number of coins...

Can you explain that, Kenshiro?

Cosme.

For Neogeo, i use the AES bios to have only five credits and try to finish the game like that (especially Metal Slug stuff) :D

Whoa!

Is there a way to set the BIOS like that, for all games?

I always thought how nice could be to have some kind of configuration for the maximum number of coins...

Can you explain that, Kenshiro?

Cosme.

:D Emulator options / Auto Neo - Bios : you can choose MVS, AES, Debug and Universe bios ;)

And probably more in the future :P

Okay, okay, I did know about the BIOS options...

What I mean was - I never imagined that one of the BIOSes have on it

a maximum coin value.

Matter of fact, for all NeoGeo emulators, I just play them, never

give any importance to the BIOS settings.

Hmmm...

Time to research about the differences.

Thanks for the tip!

Cosme.