[5/14/08] Ninja Gaiden Black

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal in Ninja Gaiden Black is equivalent to Hard in Ninja Giaden, and so on.

Whoa, no wonder. :( but I spam a lot on the Izuna Drop or just use that big frigging blade to smash my way thru :(

L.S.D get hang of the counters to make life easier early on.

Never use the counter that often. There is no need to. Even when facing Ghost Doku, just take out the maxed up Dabilohoro? and slash away:P Work like charm :o

it looks like Sigma has a nice facelift and almost look on par with xbox 360's Ninja Gaiden 2. I first played NG2 before touching the first one and I just recently tried Sigma demo on PS3. So far, I'm hearing mix reviews about Sigma, I wonder if it's worth buying it. I will indeed try to find and buy it at a cheaper cost, 60 just won't do it for me.

oh and kudos once again to Itagaki when I found out Sigma has an option for Japanese audio with English subtitles.

According to online review, the PS3 version has some lines on the screen when rendering the graphic. It looks ugly. i think it is the IGN review mentioning that.

You and the others have it wrong. I have both games, and in Black the default difficulty is toned down a touch thanks to complaints as such. And the added Ninja Dog difficulty, although not much different in difficulty via the gameplay, is littered with pickups/powerups compared to normal.

If this game wasn't hard to master, it wouldn't be such a good game. I hate easy games I can play for a half hour, then put a blindfold on and complete. Actually spend some time TRYING to play it, and you'll find it to be too easy in places on Normal.

What the hell happened to love for games that actually challenged you? Oh wait, I know.......the post 16bit era born children are here.

You and the others have it wrong. I have both games, and in Black the default difficulty is toned down a touch thanks to complaints as such. And the added Ninja Dog difficulty, although not much different in difficulty via the gameplay, is littered with pickups/powerups compared to normal.

If this game wasn't hard to master, it wouldn't be such a good game. I hate easy games I can play for a half hour, then put a blindfold on and complete. Actually spend some time TRYING to play it, and you'll find it to be too easy in places on Normal.

What the hell happened to love for games that actually challenged you? Oh wait, I know.......the post 16bit era born children are here.

There is a fine line between difficult gameplay and cheesy gameplay. Case of example: the fight against Ghost Doku. If we do not have the Dalibohoro, the big sword to whittle the boss's damage, it would take you too flocking long to kill using other conventional weapons. The boss, has a 8-hit combo that will kill you straight if all connect, a grab that siphon your health to him, a projectile sword and an upward slash in case you want to jump to him. Almost SNK-ish IMO.

According to online review, the PS3 version has some lines on the screen when rendering the graphic. It looks ugly. i think it is the IGN review mentioning that.

It doesnt. The game looks perfect in 1080p.

Its 30 Bucks Mag, at least in the stores around here, and its worth every penny.

• 3 months later...