I'm back! It's a celebration bitches!

PC Updates:

FINALLY got my motherboard back from Asus. Got it back and it still sucked, I don't know if they just sent it back or whatever, I definitely got a used one which is bullshit. The other thing that sucked about this RMA is that what was supposed to take 8-10 days took around 40. Conveniently my friends P5K fried on him around the same time so we are both pretty done with Asus right now. It seems like they have a few select boards that are phenomenal and the rest are pretty garbage once you notice the fine details after using them. He is waiting now on his RMA so he can sell whatever he gets back. So I ended up getting new board and its 100 times more stable and I can run my Q6600 at 4GHz stable now which is amazing. (also ended up trading my B3 for a new G0 - if anyones interested, 175 USD at Fry's see if its still on sale) Oh and I picked up an X-Fi Elite Pro sound card because onboard sound was getting pretty old. AND a new case huzzah!

When those GeForce 9900s come out my PC is gonna be pretty damn awesome. (These are the GeForce 9s with actual new chips on them and not just faster GeForce 8800s)

So my specs are now:

Chassis: Thermaltake Armor (Black) with the massive 25cm fan or whatever it is

CPU: Q6600 G0

RAM: OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066MHz 2GB

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Video: ATi Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB

PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad

HDD: 320GB 16MB Cache WD (forget exact model)

DVD+-RW: NEC ND-3540A (Custom Firmware)

Sound: X-Fi Elite Pro

Life Updates:

I drive the same crappy car (which I still like for some reason)

Me and my Girlfriend are still together, doing great (I REALLY like this girl, it seems like I like her way more than I should for the amount of time we have been together, but she likes me equally as much so it works), and moving in together soon. She got hired at Citi and is going to go to college and try and start her own nursing home eventually (She loves helping the elderly and is pissed about how crappy nursing homes are), I'm looking for something at UPS for now which seems like its going to go through. Which is awesome because I can finally stop making flocking sandwiches at flocking Penn Station. I had to stop smoking though, I've been clean for like 2 months now. I don't plan on staying that way once I piss in that cup though because Weed is awesome and I don't really like drinking even though I have been now on occasion just for fun with my friends.

I changed my major to Criminal Justice, I'm going to be a cop which blew everyones mind because its so unlikely that I of all people would end up a cop. There are too many assholes on the road who piss me off all the time. (Actually its more about having a steady job that pays decent, and I can't afford anything better than the college I'm at now which doesn't offer much of anything related to what I'm interested in, I feel like I'm wasting all my knowledge and interests but whatever, I'll deal with it, as long as I can support a family thats what will make me the most happy.)

My parents are still raging assholes and I still don't really talk to them. (and they still don't know, I don't think they ever will because I don't really plan on staying in contact with them once I'm gone, this is probably depressing sounding to you all but it doesn't bother me at all really, I don't feel like I'm missing something or anything) I honestly don't trust them to be around whats coming.

I actually feel pretty happy and fulfilled right now, I haven't felt like that in YEARS. Everything seems to be working out. I can finally sit down and relax instead of running around like a lunatic all the time worrying about whats flocking up next. I'm no longer pissed off and negative all the time - but my sense of humor hasn't changed much so I might come off that way.

Game Updates:

Grand Theft Auto Collectors Edition, Payed in Full, Xbox 360, Coming soon. That is all I have to say. (although there are a lot of interesting looking games coming out, I NEED to get a Wii, I heard you can get them at pawn shops for around 100 bucks somewhere around here, there are so many good games coming out for it I need to look into that)

Other Thoughts:

It's 4AM

I'm Hungry

I'm Probably forgetting to write about some stuff in here

My grammar/sentence structure is probably terrible in this post because of the time and my tiredness.

I've been listening to a lot more music lately which is awesome, I missed my music.

How has 1Emulation been? What did I miss? How is everyone?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back.

What ever happened with your disease thing when you thought you were going to die?

Nice to know things are going well. Killer PC. :) I don't know how long it will be till I have a chance to upgrade again.

Yeah you have to be real careful with voltages and temperatures but this overclocking stuff is real addictive. Free performance I didn't pay for! yay! 4.0 was getting a little too hot for my tastes and I don't have money for a better cooler right now (or a new CPU if I kill it), so I've been messing around with 3.6 and 3.4GHz Which is still awesome, the video card matters more for games anyway, and after 3.2 GHz its pretty much e-male organ points.

But yes, Drinks, I'm currently in the mood for an irish car bomb.