Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series

Alpha

Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favorite was always Final Fantasy 3 (6 or whatever it is) on the SNES.

It was the first Final Fantasy that had me wondering what happened to the characters after it ended. FF7 is good, but I would have rather seen a follow up movie of FF6 instead of Advent Children.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I really enjoyed Twilight Princess and OOT, They simply dont have the depth (In both engine and story) that the FF series are known for.

Engine wise, it's been more or less the same for a long time now. But here lies the difference between both games and their genres. Final Fantasy is more statically driven then LoZ. Story wise, it just depends. FF1, 2 and 3 had simple plots that lead you from one place to another. With 2 being the for bearer of things to come with it's character development. 4, 5 and 6 (undoubtably the best Final Fantasy era) put more emphesis on story then gameplay, which was rehashed from 3 (going by the ancient rom). I believe it was 5 that put in the ATB system, and that's what has given us the Final Fantasy we know today.

Final Fantasy, It has a deeper story

I like the Zelda games too, but not more than Final Fantasy.

A better comparison would be...

Final Fantasy Series

Vs.

Phantasy Star Series

Best comparison. This is actually cream of the crop of RPG compairisons honest to Gods. Both were developed around the same time, both have a HUGE following (more so in Japan for Phantasy Star) and both are known for their great stories and amazing characters. And just to say, Phantasy Star did better with the Online then Final Fantasy did with 11. Even though I played 11 like it was crack. I'd kill for another epic Phantasy Star RPG series that isn't Universe. Sadly, I bet there are only a few who even know the original Phantasy Star series on this board.

You all suck. I'm in despair! The lack of people knowing what Phantasy Star is on this board has left me in despair!

edit: Bambi, I think FF6 did get an OVA being 100 years after the events of 6. Could be another FF game though, I don't remember, other then it was either 4, 5 or 6 that got an OVA being set 100 years into the future after one of those gaes previous events.

Well, FFVII is my first rpg ever so it has always been a favourite for nostalgic reasons. FFX is a much better in the series though

But why do you think that?

If it's just for fancy cut-scenes then I wouldn't agree it's better.

FF6 had no cgi cut-scenes (Except in the FF Anthology but I mean SNES Version) and you had to imagine what it would look like with real people.....nice graphics are what's killing kid's imaginations now :naughty:

Well, FFVII is my first rpg ever so it has always been a favourite for nostalgic reasons. FFX is a much better in the series though

lol, I dun even like FF and I find FFvii a better game then FFx. to me FFx was everything that is wrong with jrpgs. gay character design.. check, crazy clothes.. check.. whiny hero.. check.. reluctant hero saves the world.. check..

FFX has better stories, better soundtrack to me, and i like the battle system, more fleshed out compares to FFVII. I might find time to play IV, V and VI to see what it is about.

You know what, Kefka was an awesome villian. I just hate the fact he was dressed as a friking clown. Nigga just wanted to take over the world, plain and simple. What's wrong with that!

pig ganon would kick his clown ass.

edit: 3000th post!! w00t

pig ganon would kick his clown ass.

edit: 3000th post!! w00t

Pig Ganon couldn't reach the top of the pile of.... body part things he becomes in the end.

PLUS kefka had the whole angel wing thing before sephiroth did.

Little like me. I just want to take over the world, no big reason why. I want to just because I can.