Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series

Alpha

Final Fantasy Series Vs. The Legend of Zelda Series  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

edit: Bambi, I think FF6 did get an OVA being 100 years after the events of 6. Could be another FF game though, I don't remember, other then it was either 4, 5 or 6 that got an OVA being set 100 years into the future after one of those gaes previous events.

It was FF5 that got the OVA called Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals

Plot Summary: A continuation of the events from Final Fantasy V. 200 years after Batz and his friends saved two worlds from the threat of ExDeath, a threat arises and seeks to take the Crystals for itself. Linaly, a descendant of Batz, and her friend/protector Pretz journey to the Temple Of Wind to seek the source of this new danger.

511KGH7NTFL_SS500_.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every game follows a specific formula involving whiny emo crossdressing spiky haired heros.

while I'll agree alot of the later FF's are like that with the main characters, I can't help mention 'every game follows a specific formula'? Have you played the Zelda's much...

every game follows a specific formula involving whiny emo crossdressing spiky haired heros.

while I'll agree alot of the later FF's are like that with the main characters, I can't help mention 'every game follows a specific formula'? Have you played the Zelda's much...

yeah most games follows set formulas, I just cant abide the standard JRPG formula. thats why i rarely play em. another formula I am quickly tiring of is the cover system 3rd person shooter. but thats another thread.

Little like me. I just want to take over the world, no big reason why. I want to just because I can.

Kefka's by far the best villian in a FF game. The first time I played FF6 and saw him I thought "oh ya this guy's not gonna live for long in the story".....was I waaaaay off on that one.

Kefka:

"Hee, hee, hee !! But what fun is destruction if no 'precious' lives are lost!"

"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where'd they come from? And where are they headed...? These things...I'm going to destroy!!"

"This is sickening! You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Prepare yourselves!"

"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?"

Story- and character-wise, Final Fantasy VI is the king. Second is Final Fantasy IV, followed by XII. Final Fantasy VI was the pinnacle of the 16-bit FFs, with III being the king of the 8-bit ones.

Like it was mentioned earlier, Final Fantasy as a franchise is massively popular, with Final Fantasy VII really kicking the fanboyism to a whole new level. Final Fantasy X and XII are regarded the games in the series that really revamped the battle system for the better, and act as sort of bigger milestones along with VII in the series.

Final Fantasy X-2 was written off by most except for the biggest fans, as an unnecessary sequel that was too girly. Sad really, since FFX-2 happens to be quite enjoyable despite the girlyness. Dressphere oriented battle system was pretty fress, even though it was just another take on the age-old Job System from FFV. Fanboys wanted another bishounen male lead, no doubt.

Final Fantasy VIII also received a lot of unnecessary flak. First game to give you life-sized characters, one of the best soundtracks in the series' history and the Junction system, which is in a word, awesome, although highly exploitable.

Final Fantasy IX, is really high on my own preferred list, because of its blast-from-the-past mentality. Has one of the best game worlds in the series series, in my opinion.

The PSX remakes of I and II are respectable, although II suffers from an unfair and difficult to grasp battle system. Extremely exploitable though.

ff is very popular. I have no idea why. every game follows a specific formula involving whiny emo crossdressing spiky haired heros. ffvii and ffviii were OK but not the be all end all games people make them out to be.

Spikey whiney haired heros sell.

FFVII proved this.

Why all of ya'll keep talking about FF, FFXI was the best one, booya.

Did you know that Zelda actually had a timeline that connects all of the games?

You also forgot to mention that a lot of the remade localizations still suffer from idiotic minuscule censorship and a severe infusion of american popular culture (i.e. utter crap) in it's dialogue...

Different times man, different times.

You also forgot to mention that a lot of the remade localizations still suffer from idiotic minuscule censorship and a severe infusion of american popular culture (i.e. utter crap) in it's dialogue...

Different times man, different times.

WTB word by word japanese translation of the original FF script...

I've always hated this discussion. Mainly with the fact that everyone refuses to consider LoZ as a RPG just because you don't "level up" (except in LoZ 2).

I've always hated this discussion. Mainly with the fact that everyone refuses to consider LoZ as a RPG just because you don't "level up" (except in LoZ 2).

Well it's true. RPGs rely on statistics, which Zelda doesn't. You can almost run through the whole game just having your sword and shield and 3-5 hearts.