When can we expect affordable Blu-ray burners?

Alpha

panabluraypu4.jpg

I was thinking the other day, when can we expect affordable Blu-ray burners and Blu-ray writable discs? Probably in the next 5 years or so, maybe? Does anybody have any good prediction, compared to the prices we have today? I see a Pioneer Blu-Ray burner is about $430.00 USD on Newegg. And 1 Blu-ray writeable (RE) disc is about $17.00 USD on Newegg, which holds only about 25GB. Sheeesh!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah for file backup and what not I see no reason for blueray. a dl dvd burner can be had for under 50 bucks, top o' the line verbatim dvd+r DL go for about 35 bucks for 15 discs. you can get memorex for half that. thats 127.5 gigs right there.

yeah for file backup and what not I see no reason for blueray. a dl dvd burner can be had for under 50 bucks, top o' the line verbatim dvd+r DL go for about 35 bucks for 15 discs. you can get memorex for half that. thats 127.5 gigs right there.

How many GB can a DVD+R DL disc hold?

8.5gigs.

That's actually pretty good. What's a good software to burn data files these days? I wish there were softwares that could properly split files or grab a certain amount of files from a folder to burn on like a set of 8.5gb discs.

Example: Drag "family videos" folder that is 40gb to burn on 8.5gb discs

The burning software takes files 1-20 that add up to 8.4gb and burns them on a disc... then it takes files 21-55 that add up to 8.5gb to burn on the next 8.5gb disc. Therefore, it never actually splits any of the files themselves. Do you know any program that does this?

other then using a que (sp) I don't know any other way to automate that.

as for software I use imgburn. its free.