Just watched Cloverfield

Mighty damn fine movie!!

I hope a sequal is never produced, this thing was an amazing thrill ride, the only downside I have is not being able to watch it with soround sound speakers and a big ass screen.

The hole movie pleased me, but I do see why everyone complained during the theater launch, and well, all those people need to grow up and let loose their mind.

It's crap and you know it. Reminded me of Blair Witch in that it was hyped to death, and the camera work was nauseating. The acting was on the whole, embarrassing.

Apart from that it was great!!

Watch the Maltese Falcon instead ;)

EDIT : Living in Florida.. make that Key Largo

Edited by gavin19

See that's what I mean, ya'll can't enjoy the damn movie, you all probably went inside thinking to yourselves "so hyped I'm going to make sure I feel as if it sucks ass".

It was perfect, just what I like getting from a movie. Also the camera idea is what made the movie perfect, if it wasn't for that it would've probably ended up as pathetic as beuwulf.

Actaully I saw the movie on the day it opened, I had never even heard of it (Other then posters around the city of the statue missing its head). I walked in expecting to see a great movie. I didnt.

Great film. It was a good experience, cheesy dialogue and adds to the film because of that fact.

Makes me wonder if you all liked Juno and There Will Be Blood also, because those were great films as well, but get btiched out for having too much dailogue.

We already had a thread about this movie... Almost identical title I think?

yeah but the dvd just came out (or is about to. the rip is out ;) ) so alot of peeps are just seeing it now, Perhaps it should be merged with the what movie did you watch recently thread.... I just saw it last night as well... I liked it, shaky cam didn't bother me, the monster looked gay.

Lol I was shitting bricks near the end, I thought the monster design was ok for a "original" monster.

Also I didn't even remember about the hole "shaky cam" ordeal (like the news of everyone vomiting in the theaters and stuff), until about an hour ago lol.

Makes me wonder if you all liked Juno and There Will Be Blood also, because those were great films as well, but get btiched out for having too much dialogue.

I liked Juno but didn't think it was nearly as great as people made it out to be. It was also a bit too much of a chick comedy... and let's face it, high school girls are nearly as witty. It was pretty funny though and Jason Bateman was amazing.