Capcom's 6 buttons vs Neo Geo's 4 buttons

2eyez

I prefer 6 buttons. You got all the level of strength for kick and punch. Also different speed variaton for the kick and punch. I think Neo Geo needs medium attacks but they do have the run technique that I love.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 buttons ftw. even when I play SNK I always set up the buttons like capcom with both punches on top kicks on bottom.

6 buttons are too much.

more buttons = more animations needed. Seems like an overkill.

I prefer SNK style where they add direction+buttons to execute some moves

rather than an extra button for it.

4 Buttons -- Punches on top, kicks on bottom

I set up Capcom fighters as :

Med. Punch, Hard Punch

Med. Kick, Hard Kick

if I have triggers:

LShoulder - l. kick, RShould = l. Punch

I prefer the Capcom way. Sure more animations, but it's also access to more special normals. Do I need remind people of how many retarded, and utterly useless special normals Dimitri has in SvCC? SNK tried, but it failed because they wanted to cram all his normals and special normals to him. 6 Button strengths work best in some cases, and is best used for Capcom fighters, when CVS+Pro/2 rolled on in, they had to give all these medium normals to all the SNK fighters, for most of the SNK cast, it made them better as it did away with some useless motions and made them more flexible characters.

It just depends I guess. SNK fighters don't have button strengths, it's just A, B, C, D and E.

This is why I adore Capcom vs SNK 2. All the franchise fighters we love and the 6 button polished capcom style.

It also gives a slight strategic variety how to use special attacks while being friendly to your power bar or vice versa - kick the jelly out your opponent with a full bar super special.