What do you think affects you more?

Lucandrake

Destiny, or chance?

I believe the imagery of destiny is but a mere cover for the truth of the events occurring, chance.

So in other words, I believe more that my choice influences life, while destiny is just a word used by those who excuse their events with it, and that chance is what happens when your in a situation that you didn't chose to be in.

I agree. I think that things in our lives happen usually because of choice. Now there are some things that are out of our control that happen by chance, but most troubles in life can be avoided by choice.

I believe both coexist along each other. You have the freedom to do what you want and choose where you're going. Pretty much deciding your own destiny and stuff. The misfortunes/happy things that happen in your life are just things that just happen in your path. Plus, being destined to do something sounds cooler than explaining it with chance.

"Oh crap that was bad luck"

"I was destined to get a nose bleed. It serves a purpose in my life and is a life changing experience for me."

Much more dramatic

I believe both coexist along each other. You have the freedom to do what you want and choose where you're going. Pretty much deciding your own destiny and stuff. The misfortunes/happy things that happen in your life are just things that just happen in your path. Plus, being destined to do something sounds cooler than explaining it with chance.

"Oh crap that was bad luck"

"I was destined to get a nose bleed. It serves a purpose in my life and is a life changing experience for me."

Much more dramatic

I object. I believe that although there is an illusion of choice, your mind comes to the same conclusion if confronted with the same circumstances. By that logic, there is no real choice, only calculated reactions to situations. It's not destiny in the mystical sense, but one could still say that all things are predetermined.