Best FPS Franchise Of All TYME?

Fatal Rose

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King of Fighters was far more advanced than Street Fighter at it's time... yet people fail.

For FPS games, I wouldn't know, but I really enjoyed Doom hehe. Great atmosphere and I'd still play it even know.

King of Fighters started in 94. SFII came out in 1991 (and it's final arcade incarnation, Super Turbo came out in 94). So, your comparing a newer game to an older game in a sense.

FPS = Doom - Revolutionized gaming.

Fighting Games = Street Fighter - Made gaming competetive.

Half-Life, no question. Anyone who says otherwise is a flocking idiot.

Doom and Quake franchises are also great but I don't think they're as consistently good as Half-life. They made their fair share of innovations and advancements.

Unreal is pretty trash.

The Half-life series annoys the hell out of me. I bought The Orange Box and have played Portal and TF2 to death.. but whenever I am about to pick up HL2 it is almost painful to just think about..

I think its fair to say I've given the game enough of a chance.. I just cannot see what is 'so' great about it. I find it one of the most boring shooters I've ever played.

On pc: Half-life

On console: Halo 1. Yeah it is, it pretty much set the bar for current gen console shooters.

Despite it ripping off Red Faction. Pfft.

Half-Life and Duke Nukem win this category we are speaking of cuz I said so and I'm always right.