Horrible gifts

Gryph

My family is moving and I am helping them pack and I come across this gift my aunt sent me for my birthday many years ago. It is quite possibly the worst gift I have ever received. Behold http://freshyk.com/pics/pencilsharpenerlol.jpg

At least it's so horrible it is funny. I don't think she understood the real meaning of this thing.

What are some horrible gifts you have received?

lol I would love to have one of those. I'd put it on my bosses desk.

I rarely get bad or weird gifts. everyone knows what I like. and I am pretty easy to shop for.

I was given a solar-powered radio years ago, and it also had an inbuilt generator - if you wanted to wind the handle for an hour. It sat in a corner for years, but at my new house, I've finally found it to be useful.

The bathroom has a heat-lamp / light / extraction fan combo, I just use the heat-lamp, it makes enough light, and it also powers the radio via its solar panel. So, ten years after getting this radio, it finally is in use.

My aunt once got me office supplies (business card holder, post-it notes, envelope opener, etc) because she thought I was into them, since my mom told her to get me a gift from Office Depot or Office Max.

I once got a track suit from my grandparents when I was like 10 years old. It was black........and PINK!

My mother insisted I wear it when we went to their place on Christmas day, I outright refused, and I think I hid it or ripped it up.

No way in hell was I wearing a track suit with pink on it!

I once got a Birthday card, with $2.50 in it. What an insult, don't give me ANY money please!!!! Id rather get NO money, that 2.50 in a card. It's like, we wanted to get you something, but we don't like you at all, so here. Its like giving a waitress, a quarter as a tip.

Oh yea, I once got a hammer. Was some cheapo hammer too. Funny thing is I worked at a hardware store at the time, so that made the gift, even more ridiculous.

But I gotta laugh at Mooney's story. His aunt totally missed the point. A new chair perhaps? Maybe a new ergonomical keyboard. Sometimes people are clueless. Like, when someone buys a 5 dollar gift card at Subway... I wanna ask them, "WHAT THE HELL YOU CHEAP ASS!?!" That isn't enough for most 6" meals.

I once got a Birthday card, with $2.50 in it. What an insult, don't give me ANY money please!!!! Id rather get NO money, that 2.50 in a card. It's like, we wanted to get you something, but we don't like you at all, so here. Its like giving a waitress, a quarter as a tip.

Oh yea, I once got a hammer. Was some cheapo hammer too. Funny thing is I worked at a hardware store at the time, so that made the gift, even more ridiculous.

But I gotta laugh at Mooney's story. His aunt totally missed the point. A new chair perhaps? Maybe a new ergonomical keyboard. Sometimes people are clueless. Like, when someone buys a 5 dollar gift card at Subway... I wanna ask them, "WHAT THE HELL YOU CHEAP ASS!?!" That isn't enough for most 6" meals.

HA HA HA! I did that to my pick in the secret santa at work. I got him a 10 dolla gift card for red lobster. if there is anything under 15.00 there I'll crap myself laughing. just my little way of rebelling against secret santa crap.