The Big ass Street Fighter IV thread

Inky

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you don't NEED HDTV, it'll work on your old school TV.

to be honest I really don't see alot of difference.

put them side by side and you will.

oh yeah, join the tourney guys

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/tournaments/sf4/default.aspx

I flip between HD and no HD channels all day long. I've been wathing TV for 34 flocking years. I know what I see. There isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference.

You're talking cable/satellite TV, obviously non-hd/hd over component/hdmi. There won't be a huge difference.

Take SF4 (Or any game for that matter) and put it on an HDTV in 720p, with component. Then take the exact same thing, and put it on an SDTV at 480i with composite video cables. The color clarity difference alone will stun you.

In this case inky, you need to compare apples to oranges, not 1 week old apples to fresh apples.

well it's not like I'm going back to SDTV. but I say it's 90% hype, smoke and mirrors. I play on a 47 inch TV at 1080i. I can be playing, get up drive 2 blocks to my sisters house and see my nephew playing on a 27 inch sdtv and see no major difference besides the obvious size and widescreen.

well it's not like I'm going back to SDTV. but I say it's 90% hype, smoke and mirrors. I play on a 47 inch TV at 1080i. I can be playing, get up drive 2 blocks to my sisters house and see my nephew playing on a 27 inch sdtv and see no major difference besides the obvious size and widescreen.

I dont understand why, I can see the difference in sd to hd even on a 19" lcd doing 720p. I watched the game last night on my 26" monitor in 1080 and had a 32" sd running in the background and even my gf could tell me how much of a difference there is.

Come on now, even non hd and hd channels look TOTALLY different swapping through the two. Its all about the detail and what you can and cant see over non hd things

I think I just noticed something, something that most people don't seem to realize. He said 1080i

I don't give a rats ass what anyone says, 1080i is still interlaced and interlaced sucks. You may get more screen real estate, but 720p knocks the crap out of 1080i.

I think I just noticed something, something that most people don't seem to realize. He said 1080i

I don't give a rats ass what anyone says, 1080i is still interlaced and interlaced sucks. You may get more screen real estate, but 720p knocks the crap out of 1080i.

your right he did say 1080i but still interlaced still looks better than a regular sd setup.

alright I guess I am just blind then cuz I switched to 720p and still see no difference. *shrug*

anyways SFIV is only 10 days away! AAAHHHHH!

did you get the madcats stick? I'm gonna grab a pad, my ex2 serves fine for stick work.