Dreamcast 2 in the works?

Mooney

Don't think it's going to happen. Competing with Sony, MS, and Nintendo at this stage is suicide. I doubt 3rd party developers will want to support yet another console.

Gamer opinion shows Sony as a big pile of crap, while it elevates Sega and their Dreamcast to the positions of deities. Also, it's not something happening soon, otherwise we'd have heard something from Sega about it. So Sony is going to plummet, MS is going to stay strong in America, and Nintendo is going to dominate the market. Then, Sega steps in as the third place console, and stays about as popular as the Gamecube was during its generation.

Just speculating on one possible scenario.

I'm inclind to say it's for official Sega branded stuff to be released on various consoles. Like maracas and shi t

Mmh... Dreamcast on VC would be kicking asses!

Because you can create more money if you will rerelease it with one or two console specific features...

I can't see Sega going back into hardware. and they don't deserve to make any until its a platform for shenmue III.

"where can I find sailors?"

I'm inclind to say it's for official Sega branded stuff to be released on various consoles. Like maracas and shi t

Mmh... Dreamcast on VC would be kicking asses!

Because you can create more money if you will rerelease it with one or two console specific features...

SAMBA DI AMIGO ON WII! WITH SEGA BRANDED MARACAS!

You know how awesome that would be to me?

Wasn't the Dreamcast the first home-based game system with Online Play?

Yes

You do know that the Genesis and the Snes had the x-band modem which allowed people to play limited games with each other. Even though it's 3rd party, Genesis/Snes were the first ones with online play.

Anyways, nice news about the Dreamcast 2 is possibly being developed. Would like to get a sega system again though I don't see it happening for a while.

edit: Crap, I really need to read everyone's post before posting. probably a good idea.

...and Nintendo denied rumors of a DS redesign.... guess what they announced a couple of week(days?) later?

Edited by Reaper man

I can't see Sega going back into hardware. and they don't deserve to make any until its a platform for shenmue III.

"where can I find sailors?"

Had no idea you were into Shenmue.

I remember asking EVERYONE where the hell can I find some sailors.

You are even cooler now.

...and Nintendo denied rumors of a DS redesign.... guess what they announced a couple of week(days?) later?

But that's Nintendo though. Sega taking a huge risk for releasing another console would be suicide. UNLESS, it's a more buget minded Naomi board for the new generation (Not NEXT). Wouldn't be that surprising if they decided to retire NAOMI for DREAMCAST 2 arcade board, which would offer the same exact stuff as a Naomi 2 board but better overall.

Wasn't the Dreamcast the first home-based game system with Online Play?

Yes

You do know that the Genesis and the Snes had the x-band modem which allowed people to play limited games with each other. Even though it's 3rd party, Genesis/Snes were the first ones with online play.

It required extra hardware