Street Fighter IV Trailer Analysis

Devia Eleven

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as it has that Inky art style and the speed and pacing of past games I am in. but I think it will be 2.5d. 2d gameplay in a 3d rendered world. if it's half as bad ass as the trailer we are in good shape IMO.

Resource intensive? As in cost wise? I don't think system resources will be a problem on next-gen consoles, and arcade machines can be built cheaply with similar specs. As for the trailer, it doesn't tell you crap, since when does a trailer without gameplay tell you anything about a game, other than what it might be about or the type of game it is?

Though, it does look pretty sick.

Same stuff that has been presented by fans since we first saw the trailer and they said "Just look at the trailer at the direction we're going."

2D gameplay - 3D models, A V-ism like meter with dashing, a much better looking Tech Throw animations, and distinct Okami style artstyle.

Basically it's stuff WE already know.

Edit: Also, that question was from an old interview where they talked aohe SF4 trailer and SFIIHDRemix.

if they even think about going 3D, I'll be RAWR because I know it would suck(obviously the sf ex sequel or something), I mean if anyone remember Capcom All Star, you should know what to expect. Even if it turns out as a 3D fighter like tekken for example, it still going to suck no matter what. But 2.5d? a mix of 3d and 2d.. no.. just no. What Capcom need to focus on is play it safe and stick with 2d. The 4th street fighter era should be the same as the previous eras (street fighter 2 series = 2d, street fighter 3 series = 2d again with anime like fluid) with new flavor or elements.

I think we are getting to the level of graphics where 3d cell shaded can look just as good as hand drawn 2d sprites. so the whole engine can be 3d just keep the gameplay on a 2d field and it'll be fine.

I think I know what they are going to do

they will make it fully 3D, and they will make the texture maps from digitized shots of the actors from Street Fighter: The Movie

:D