Beta Released Games?!

MasterPhW

Hey guys, after visiting some of my Classic history places like PSXMuseum and VGMuseum I was really envious that they played and reviewed hundreds of prototype and beta video games I've never seen or played.

I know that a lot beta games come to Roms and Rips lately, that never were released before, but I wonder if anyone has ever played one of these games the PSX Museum is talking about?

I don't want to know links or such stuff, I'm only interested, whether these game hit the scene and what for experiences did you made with these games (if you have them).

I'm very interested in all the beta stuff and also did a beta investigation on the Zelda dev cartridge, long time ago, so I would be interested, if you did something like that?

Greetz the Master

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about beta versions of games that never ended up getting released?

Yeah, they never saw the light, but 10 years later they are reviewed by some special websites, with never seen screenshots, experiences and such stuff...

Well I'm a big fan of Sonic betas and prerelease versions. The Sonic 2 beta was one of the most infamous in the scene and dribs and drabs of the canned Sonic eXtreme have surfaced in the last year or so. Its always interesting getting a glimpse at developers' original intentions.

Don't forget two amazing unreleased Dreamcast games:

Half Life and Propeller Arena

There are many more, you should just visit Unseen64 for a lot pics of never released games.

But as I said, they also only have pics, sites like VGmuseum and PSXMuseum have these games!

I was talking about an earlier beta or pre alpha, than the one you were referring to.

Btw: if someone is interested in one of the game I was talking about, here's some ingame footage:

Yeh I'm aware of that one, but thanks for the heads up. I actually made a video of a hacked Hidden Palace Zone based on that Alpha's arrangement of the level. In my blog I think.