Tekken 6

Fatal Rose

no they dont the graphics for the 360 version barely match the ps3 the music is scratchy and there are some jaggies in the 360 version. the only thing that makes the 360 version a better buy is online play and a recent revision in the balance of the characters.

and no im not a sony fan boy i just own both systems and played the 360 version at my friend's house.

I would say the 360 version is better because the shading doesn't make the game look like crap. All the PS3's game suffer from a few common issues, some of them being related to way it handles shadow mapping makes each game considerly different between each other and the color hue issues with the 360 being darker then the PS3's version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/view_screenshot.p..._1080p1.jpg.jpg

The PS3 version still does look good, no doubt, but it's less gritty looking, due to the way it processes shadows.. The 360 version looks just as awesome, with the grit factor all there, because the shadowing makes it like that.

The shadow mapping problem is what bothers me in PS3's version of CoD4. No doubt it looks good, but the normal mapping looks downright awful at times because of the shadowing the PS3 does compared to the 360.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never really worried about graphics in Tekken, it's all about that gameplay. I mean, I love Tekken 1 just as much as I like Tekken 5. But having good graphics is good though still.

Had i personally been Head of Namco when Tekken 1 came out, i honestly wouldve Scrapped the entire series. But they didnt, and they managed to fix it up into a fighting Masterpeice.

Did you expect the game to be perfect in it's early days? It's not like the first version was released for the PS3, it was for the Playstation.

arc109bq6.jpg

I figure they will clean up the jaggies. BUT... I have an issue with the... I don't know, light filters? I don't remember what the process is called, but when you get into detail like this, there is more often a problem, with ( organic ) textures looking plastic... I just hope this is real early. Hell, in the Hulk movie, they used a ton of filters, so I don't know how practical that is.

But regardless, I love Tekken, and it is time for a change. So whatever they do, I'm all in. Ohhh man, I can't wait.

P.S. about what Wizard said, those textures. They aren't so bad. Other than the ground, Id say I have the most problem with Kazuya's scar. It looks more like a birth mark than scar tissue.

The background looks mediocre and lacks detail... not next gen at all... and the slut doesn't even look as good as Kazuya. The jaggies are definitely noticeable.

Kazuya does look pretty awesome, though. Better than his previous character model in Tekken V.

After seeing VF5 high def this just doesn't compare.

I figure they will clean up the jaggies. BUT... I have an issue with the... I don't know, light filters? I don't remember what the process is called, but when you get into detail like this, there is more often a problem, with ( organic ) textures looking plastic... I just hope this is real early. Hell, in the Hulk movie, they used a ton of filters, so I don't know how practical that is.

But regardless, I love Tekken, and it is time for a change. So whatever they do, I'm all in. Ohhh man, I can't wait.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper, but to me, lots of modern 3d graphics look too much on the plastic side. I've noticed it with lots of games.