Unexplained things you have seen or heard of

Krosigrim

Wizard: The next time you hear any of that stuff, whip out a tape recorder and start recording. It could be some old appliance in the house that you never thought would be transmitting the sound. Listen to what the person is saying, it can be from late night radio for all you know. And for the person hearing a man's voice or woman's voice -- it can depend on their mental preference rather what it really sounds like. They need to stand there and actually hear what the radio is saying. You might be surprised that it's some commercial for a grocery store. You never know. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wizard: The next time you hear any of that stuff, whip out a tape recorder and start recording. It could be some old appliance in the house that you never thought would be transmitting the sound. Listen to what the person is saying, it can be from late night radio for all you know. And for the person hearing a man's voice or woman's voice -- it can depend on their mental preference rather what it really sounds like. They need to stand there and actually hear what the radio is saying. You might be surprised that it's some commercial for a grocery store. You never know. :(

I actually know what your talking about. Sometimes Televisions can pick up radio signals when theres a pictuer, but no sound (as in silence, TV isn't muted). There's a running faucet in my backroom, that's been running for about 2 months now (pipes are kaput on it), and it occasional gets radio broadcasts. A faucet of all things is getting a broadcast signal.

I also once a heard a woman's voice at night. But she didn't sound like she was coming from a Radio. This was in my old house that I moved out of about 3 years ago. The extra room we have that was my room on different occasions became a study room where my sister's computer was. I was up late installing windows xp on it for her and was waiting for it to finish so I put my head down. I t hink it was about 2am. Anyway I suddenly hear a woman laughing and nobody was home, nor any appliances on. I got up and walked peeked around but saw no one. Needless to say it kept me awake but I was still tired so I put my head down again. *laughs*

My most haunting experience, though not necessarily scariest, was in that same room when I was about 14-15. About a decade ago. I was up late watching a special on Discovery channel about mythological creatures in modern times like Bigfoot etc. It was especially creepy for some reason. Especially the Bigfoot part of the show because one of the sightings told by a person spoke of how he was deep in the woods setting up cameras and the like for a long time trying to catch a picture, when out of the corner of his eye he saw what he thought to be a set of eyes staring at him through some undergrowth. And of course the show reenacted the scene and it was all very creepy with mood music and creepy narrative. The man was frightened and believed it was Bigfoot stalking him. In any event I went to sleep a little nervous getting into the show so I had some trouble sleeping but eventually I began to doze off, with the covers up to my eyeballs. Gradually fading away into a sleep, you can remember the moments just before falling asleep while you're not fully awake but not fully asleep... it feels a little dizzy and your body starts to feel heavy. At that moment just as I was about to crash... the front end of my mattress swung upwards and back down in less than a second. As if a person was standing there and lifted it with their strength and let go immediately. I got up terrified with my eyes wide open, turned the lights on and stood in the center of my room doing a full 360. Checked my bathroom, checked the next room, the kitches on the opposite end. I stood there for a while and went back to bed with the lights on.

At that moment just as I was about to crash... the front end of my mattress swung upwards and back down in less than a second. As if a person was standing there and lifted it with their strength and let go immediately. I got up terrified with my eyes wide open, turned the lights on and stood in the center of my room doing a full 360. Checked my bathroom, checked the next room, the kitches on the opposite end. I stood there for a while and went back to bed with the lights on.

I think I know what that is. Sometimes, right before I go to sleep, right before, I'll get jolted. It sometimes feels like that. I cant remember the scientific aspects of why it happens, but it does. Like I sometimes feel like I tripped on the sidewalk, or like I've fallen. Sometimes it feels like my bed is at a 90 degree angle on my wall. It's just something that happens to people...like my sister would fall asleep in class, and right before she'd fall asleep, she'd leap up and yell.

Well...Something weird that happened to me was once when I was younger, like 12 or 13, I was walking over to my friend's house to stay the night (she's my neighbor), and in the space between our two yards I heard something really weird. It was almost like gurgling and jumbled up words being screamed at me. The best way I could describe it would be "jarble" this...thing...jarbled at me...it was scary as hell. There was no way I could have imagined it either. It was like someone was standing in the yard with marbles and jello in it's mouth, screaming at me...it also didn't sound like an animal, or even a person for that matter....

I ran into my friend's house and asked them if they'd heard it too, cause, my god was that thing loud... Her dad was like, "oh that's scrat!" Apparently my friend's family was having an infestation of these little mammals that looked like squirrel-rats. They said that they'd never seen anything like it either, but her dad would feed them cat food...but the weird thing that gets me about the situation is that this screaming I heard was coming from my point of view, not from the ground or from in a tree...whatever it was, it was close to me, and was at my height.

Another thing about that...thing was that the same night I heard it, we all heard it again. Now, I know what cats fighting sounds like, and it wasn't that, or raccoons...but we were playing some 3DO (that game, D) and I was like, "Guys...mute it..." and we all heard it. We heard it for a little while after that night. like maybe a month....

Once, my friend and I were going to spend the night out on my trampoline. We had a radio out there as well as some blankets. Anyway, we were sitting on the trampoline talking about something, and she stops mid sentence, and the flood light in my neighbor's yard goes on behind me. I turn around and there's nothing there. She says to me, "Run! Go inside!! I don't know what that was, but run!" so we get up and run inside my house. She later tells me that it was some kind of animal that was low to the ground that was tan colored and had really long fur. She said it was really big, too, and had a huge, heavy tail that dragged on the ground. She also said it's body was about the size of my ottoman. The next day we went outside to get the radio, and it was unplugged, and looked like it had been kicked around my backyard. The speakers where strewn about all over the place, and the radio itself was flipped over. It was all real weird.

Oh, here's something that's explainable, but weird as hell..

Some kids were out in my friend's backyard, (still my neighbor) in a trailer, having a party. One of them heard something grab the fence from my yard and do what sounded like jump over it. They heard rustling in the leaves behind the trailer, and the guy who is now my ex, ran out with another kid, thinking it was someone who was an escapee (My neighborhood sometimes has runaway convicts run through it not often though) So they get out and what they see is something someone couldn't just imagine. They saw in front of them....a monkey. A straight up monkey. He said it was light brown, and had a thick red collar around it's neck. They said that they chased it around the yard until it jumped over the fence. He said that he knew it was a monkey for sure when it turned around, and held up it's arms in that stereotypical monkey way.

My friend Robert, was in his room one night, and heard some rustling in the leaves by his window, and then something...like a hand, slapped his window. He ran outside, thinking it was one of us playing a joke, but when he went outside, he didn't see anyone, but he heard something jumping the fences of the yards.

My dad also saw it run through my backyard.

and my neighbor saw it a few times jumping some fences across the street.

man....

That animal you encountered at the trampoline almost sounds like a Mountain Lion.

And as for your response to my experience, I know what you mean. The random, involuntary spasms we have. I've had it myself a few times falling asleep in class where I make sudden movements making a loud noise in the process. Or kicking randomly in bed and it be a reasonable explanation. But what happened that night was on an extreme scale of force and i've never involuntarily kicked that hard in my life. Nor would any spasm weak or strong make my mattress itself lift up as high as it did.

Edited by veristic

I live in FL...I don't think that "Mountain" lions are indigenous to here,

Well, my equilibrium is all messed up, and sometime it feels like my body is all stretched out, and sounds become visualizations. It's really weird, and it's happened to me since I Was a kid...so...no drugs here....haha

but sometimes when I have those "spasms" like that, it feels like I am sideways, or my bed is all wavy, it weird, a few times it felt like my bed was being lifted up off the frame, but there was no noise, so I knew it was me just spasming.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that where I work is haunted....hahahaha....

I work in the kitchen of an assisted living facility for the elderly....and well....it's really weird working there sometimes.

Like, out of the corner of my eye, I'll see someone doing something and when I look up, there's no one there...

also a few times, I see things go past me out of the corner of my eye outside the widow....WHO RUNS BY A WINDOW OF AN ASSISTED LIVING BUILDING AT 7:00 IN THE MORNING?! that's what I'd like to know.....

Oh, and sometimes when I walk passed the laundry room to go out back for a smoke break, I'll hear some crying sound coming from the room....no ones in there, and no machines are on.

Whenever I drain out a sink, this crazy creepy deep gurgley moan kind of noise comes out, like it's something from "IT".....it's real weird....

When I was like 4 I saw a demon at my uncles house, later when I was 17 meditating in my martial arts class I had a vision of the same demon again, prior to that I did not see or think of him since I was four. I asked my uncle about it and he remembered me complaining about and being scared out of my mind.

He returned again while I was downstairs at the house I live at now, he was next door in the house, I saw him through my window. Then my dog kept barking so I went outside to check it out, there was a kid looking down at my dog, it was a dark image blurred by the dark screen behind the window and it was dark out. I started talking to the kid for a few minutes then he just walked away. Next day I found out no one lived there...

Few years later I was alone at my trainers house training in his garage with mats. I herd odd sounding foot steps and started seeing him at the corner of my eye. I freaked out beyond belief, I almost screamed. I started attacking/shadow boxing everything I thought I saw move. Couple years after that I was with a friend driving to a friends house and saw him on the side of the road. Year or two later I saw him at the bar the night I got into a car accident, have not seen it since.