Got Religion?

Alpha

Dont you think thats pushing it too far reaper??

yeah you're right... that image is a bit large...

Im just saying to take it easy. I'm no christian but i wont try to prove them wrong, unless they want to debate it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love that Nietzsche quote... I also like:

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

"All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.”

I just witnessed a horrible debate in school....*sigh*

When reviewing there never-ending argument of the existence of god, at school, I discovered something from watching it.

People have always hidden behind religion to do and say horrible things when in fact they took the religious teachings out of context.

So i made it a self-job to, if I ever see someone harmfully insulting any diff believers or non-believers to confront them and stand up for everyone who feels oppressed.

Yet recently in years, it's been the non-believers who do the most bashing...

I wonder.... Why must we question someone else lives? Shouldn't it be, "I know what I believe in, and thats all I need to know."?

The term, "Religion causes war" pisses me off... Anyone can use religion for war, or for peace. No one barely says, "money causes war," or "Greed causes war."

Would it be more convenient to just deny belief, call up some girls who wanted me and go crazy living a life guided by pleasure and money, then settle down, have a nice family, then die peacefully? It probably would, but I cant deny....... I just cant and I never will.....

I wish a day will come that even though we believe differently, we can have enough humanitarian respect to not try to convert (if not wanted) or prove otherwise (if not asked)......

(You're Atheist? Okay, so what video games do you play?)

(You're a Christian? Oh, so what movies you watch?)

I think both believers and non-believers need to learn this concept...

but then again....I'm just merely thinking out loud...

Edited by Shoma

I just witnessed a horrible debate in school....*sigh*

When reviewing there never-ending argument of the existence of god, at school, I discovered something from watching it.

People have always hidden behind religion to do and say horrible things when in fact they took the religious teachings out of context.

So i made it a self-job to, if I ever see someone harmfully insulting any diff believers or non-believers to confront them and stand up for everyone who feels oppressed.

Yet recently in years, it's been the non-believers who do the most bashing...

I wonder.... Why must we question someone else lives? Shouldn't it be, "I know what I believe in, and thats all I need to know."?

The term, "Religion causes war" pisses me off... Anyone can use religion for war, or for peace. No one barely says, "money causes war," or "Greed causes war."

Would it be more convenient to just deny belief, call up some girls who wanted me and go crazy living a life guided by pleasure and money, then settle down, have a nice family, then die peacefully? It probably would, but I cant deny....... I just cant and I never will.....

I wish a day will come that even though we believe differently, we can have enough humanitarian respect to not try to convert (if not wanted) or prove otherwise (if not asked)......

(You're Atheist? Okay, so what video games do you play?)

(You're a Christian? Oh, so what movies you watch?)

I think both believers and non-believers need to learn this concept...

but then again....I'm just merely thinking out loud...

Believe it or not, that will never happen, your asking to much from the people.

I dont want to start trouble, but i would like to see reaper_man (not trying to call you out) or any of the other guys try to prove all religions wrong, and not by trying to prove thiers right. I can easily prove my religion is right, and not because it gives me comfort, pleasure, money, or anything.

It's not about proving anybody or anything wrong. Therein lies the problem.

All people have their different beliefs. Deal with it. And then keep your opinions to yourself. Religion is like that.

It's funny how people claim that the religious shove their views down other peoples' throats (something I have never seen in my entire life, nor ever done), and then the atheists go out and do the same thing. Like they know it all. Which they do not.

I'm a catholic by the way. And I don't know it all, either. But have some respect. It's not about proving or disproving. It's about different people living in harmony with each other.

It's not about proving anybody or anything wrong. Therein lies the problem.

All people have their different beliefs. Deal with it. And then keep your opinions to yourself. Religion is like that.

It's funny how people claim that the religious shove their views down other peoples' throats (something I have never seen in my entire life, nor ever done), and then the atheists go out and do the same thing. Like they know it all. Which they do not.

I'm a catholic by the way. And I don't know it all, either. But have some respect. It's not about proving or disproving. It's about different people living in harmony with each other.

My response was for reaper_mans HUGE picture. I wont shove it down any ones throat, im just defending myself, even if it is not pointing at me. I might as well be next.