Biggest Band in The World has No Record Label and their releasing a New Album

Wizard

Seriously, a band who wasn't a "critical favorite" can't be one of the biggest in the world.

I don't think this band will be big like Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi or Aerosmith.

Well it's been 15 years since their Pablo Honey LP and where does Radiohead rank among those bands? Well, their certainly up there with "the list." One cannot deny the amount of exposure Radiohead has gotten since the release of OK Computer and their subsequent tours. With practically each record they've managed to reinvent themselves in ways beyond the normal specturm of artists in the last 10 years. This progression is similar along the lines of Pink Floyd in their later works, except Radiohead has managed to be minimal in sound in their latest offering. There has been no other band (who has managed in the mainstream media) to change their sound and still be able to get reviewers in awe about it in the longest time since Pink Floyd and R.E.M.

Besides, without their status as one of the biggest acts in the world for the past 10 years, they couldn't of done this. How long will it take for them to reach legendary status amongest the greats (Some of which they've even idolized)? They've been together for nearly 20 years now, how long do we have to wait until someone say's their legendary for those who have no taste in what music genre they do?

(man, i'd be awesome for a music publication)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, a band who wasn't a "critical favorite" can't be one of the biggest in the world.

I don't think this band will be big like Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi or Aerosmith.

Well it's been 15 years since their Pablo Honey LP and where does Radiohead rank among those bands? Well, their certainly up there with "the list." One cannot deny the amount of exposure Radiohead has gotten since the release of OK Computer and their subsequent tours. With practically each record they've managed to reinvent themselves in ways beyond the normal specturm of artists in the last 10 years. This progression is similar along the lines of Pink Floyd in their later works, except Radiohead has managed to be minimal in sound in their latest offering. There has been no other band (who has managed in the mainstream media) to change their sound and still be able to get reviewers in awe about it in the longest time since Pink Floyd and R.E.M.

Besides, without their status as one of the biggest acts in the world for the past 10 years, they couldn't of done this. How long will it take for them to reach legendary status amongest the greats (Some of which they've even idolized)? They've been together for nearly 20 years now, how long do we have to wait until someone say's their legendary for those who have no taste in what music genre they do?

(man, i'd be awesome for a music publication)

The "amount of exposure" Radiohead has gotten is small compared to other Alternative Rock bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day or Oasis). If there's a new Rock/Metal movement in the mainstream and then Alternative Rock decline, Radiohead will not get any chance on MTV or big labels. It happens in every trend.

A band with more and more fans buying the albums and then doing successful tours constantly is what make them big bands.

Maybe it's your favorite band, and you can say it's the best band in the world. An A-Ha fan or Poison fan will say the same. But it doesn't mean it's the best for all the people.

The "amount of exposure" Radiohead has gotten is small compared to other Alternative Rock bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day or Oasis). If there's a new Rock/Metal movement in the mainstream and then Alternative Rock decline, Radiohead will not get any chance on MTV or big labels. It happens in every trend.

A band with more and more fans buying the albums and then doing successful tours constantly is what make them big bands.

Maybe it's your favorite band, and you can say it's the best band in the world. An A-Ha fan or Poison fan will say the same. But it doesn't mean it's the best for all the people.

I guess the numbers are more meaning full to you then discussion.

And since i'm lazy to type up a few paragraphs, Imma play some vidya gaymes

I guess the numbers are more meaning full to you then discussion.

And since i'm lazy to type up a few paragraphs, Imma play some vidya gaymes

numbers are important. Which Rock band is better? The one with 1 fan or with 25 fans?

Wizard, you are too biased towards Radiohead. I agree with JKKDark's view. Numbers speaks everything.

Having said that, I will still download the songs and give it a try. You never know, I might be converted.