Demonoid now blocking all Canadians!

Alpha

the law shuts Napster down... 10 other file sharing clients pop up

the law forces torrents sites to block US users from their trackers, other torrent places step up to the plate

they can't stop us and never will.... nothing to see here, please move along

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the infamous Napster problem though was because files WERE kept on a central server as oppose to torrent files.

Also, before Demonoid's recent move, it was (probably still is) the 2nd most used tracker on the internet, just behind The PBay.

I used demonoid heavily for a while but then it seemed to get flooded with a lot with a lot of off-site torrents which put me off.

I still use it now and again. It's nearly impossible to avoid the occaisional demonoid tracked torrent anyway. In fact I grabbed a couple of big torrents last week, and it was only when I checked the tracker after download that I realised they were both tracked by you-know-who.

I call bullshit. 1 WTF is the CRIA? I've never heard of it.

2: Demonoid is down right now, no matter where you access it from and they were having problems with their trackers. If they were blocking Canadian IPs, it would be server level, not some redirected result.

They were previously blocked during the down time, but as I said before, the demonoid tracker is still announcing perfectly fine for me. (ISP = Bell Sympatico).

CRIA is also just the canadian representation of RIAA. No canadian recording label or artists are even PART of it anymore.