Colin McRae & 5 yr old son die in helicopter crash

ken_cinder

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sp...icle2461339.ece

Talk about suck! I didn't know much about this guy, but I've seen a few races he's been in and he was damn good.

Spooky enough for me, I just finished playing a round in DIRT where I lost to him, close the game and this is the first headline I read at a site I frequent.

It's enough to lose 1 family member, but a young child too........I can't imagine how his wife is feeling right now. I'd probably lose it.

The only 2 British rally drivers to have had their own VG franchises both dead within 2 years of each other. McRae's sporting nemesis died Nov 05 of a brain tumour, not long after the first, in what would have been his own series of games, was released (Richard Burns Rally).

Coincidentally they were both Scottish.

McRae's popularity was huge, this is a massive blow to the sport, and of course his wife and family. And only recently a commerative Subaru was released in Burns' memory, now this.

Edited by gavin19

"...The aircraft came down in Jerviswood, Lanarkshire, half a mile from the family's home and burst into flames just after 4pm... ...He was a flamboyant driver..."

so he went from flamboyant to flammable just like that huh?